Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Want to see what a Nuke would do to your City?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by treemanx, Jun 22, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Kind of a morbid site, but here it is. Type in your location and choose which type of nuke you want to drop, and click nuke it. It will show you the range of effects each nuke would produce. Pretty interesting.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

2. treemanx

3. treemanx

I hope Portland never gets hit with a Tsar Bomba 50mt nuke, it would hit me then! Oh and BTW, it also simulates an asteroid strke. Dont ever think you would escape one.

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to be at ground zero if an asteroid hit. Anyone not killed immediately would just suffer more...

5. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

+1. Even if you were on the opposite side of the Earth, in the bottom of a mine, not good.

6. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Don't worry, we are all safe cause Portland declared itself a nuclear free zone...

7. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Oh thank goodness! I was getting a little worried there for a second. ;)

8. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Interesting site, but I thought it would be a bit more 'exciting'.

9. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Yeah, with "video" and that raspy junk rock that always seems to accompany them. :thumbup:

10. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

If there's a threat of a bomb I'm heading to Jericho. They seemed to do ok in the TV series!

11. treemanx

Am I the only one who has ever wondered what the various blast and fallout damage areas would be if say, Portland got nuked? Ive wondered that alot, even though I dont think Portland is a very high value target.

12. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I've wondered about it too... also, back when '24' had an EMP go off in LA I drew that same "blast" radius over the Portland area... what only affected a bit of LA would have taken out all of Portland and the surrounding areas. Of course, that was TV --- who knows the real blast range.

Unless someone goes nuts and drops a multi-megaton bomb, I am pretty safe from the blast - but would still have to worry about the radioactive fallout.

I heard somewhere, again, don't know the validity, that Portland is a good location to drop a dirty bomb, etc because of our terrain and wind patterns the radioactive materials would be spread to more areas from one dispersal.

13. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

I've heard the same thing. Lets hope not TOO many people have! :thumbup:

14. treemanx

Ive never heard that before, but I can see how it would be true. I guess a high value target to a terrorist doesnt necessarily have to be some strategic military target. 9/11 proved that high value targets to them, are where ever they can kill the most people. So maybe Portland isnt as low on the list as I thought.

15. SOG165

SOG165 Cent. Or. Member

I live 30 miles east of Treemanx and I've never been all that concerned unless it's a 500 KT or larger..

SOG165

16. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Cause we all know the Russians and Chinese are out to get Treemanx...;)

Unless its an all out slug fest against population centers, the only real military target is the Portland Air National Guard base. Their F-15's patrol a large sector of the west coast and the refuelling tankers would be necessary to support long range bomber missions.

17. treemanx

You guys are freakin me out man........they really are out to get me! I didnt try dropping the nuke right on my house on that site, I just hit Portland with everything it had to see how Id make out. If it hit the center of Portland, Im pretty safe from everything but a Tsar Bomba, and of course, the dreaded asteroid!

I think SOG was just sayin that if the epicenter was PDX, he would be even that much farther away than me. I think SOG, youd escape everything but the asteroid.

But seriously, you dont really think there after me.......do you? hehe

18. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Not to worry Treemanx, If Portland does get nuked, Bama might report it to the UN, and they would form a committee to discuss drafting a resolution expressing their profound disappointment.....

Now who would risk that ?:confused:

19. treemanx

Thats the truth! Pretty sorry mofo IMO.

20. kj Plattner

kj Plattner Washington New Member

Well the one important option they do not take into consideration is elevation of blast and topography. They also had a few other problems, just think of it as a fun site rather than a factual one......