JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here he is, fifteen years old, and never going to get older....

15 yr. old killed by intruder if only he had a gun :(
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- A teenager is being hailed a hero after he died protecting his 5-year-old sister during a home invasion in Port Charlotte, Florida.
Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prummel said 15-year-old Khyler Edman was inside his home on Thursday afternoon when a man, identified as Ryan Cole, broke in, as WFTS reports.
"The suspect broke into his residence, a violent encounter ensued where we believe the teenager was trying to protect the home and protect their younger sibling," Prummel said.
Around the same time of the break-ins, police started receiving 911 calls about an injured man walking the streets.
After a short chase, deputies were able to take Cole into custody. He was treated at the hospital for several stab wounds on his hands and sides.
Deputies canvassing the area later found the door forced open to Khyler's home. When they went inside, they found the teen dead inside and his 5-year-old sister, unharmed.
Cole is being held on charges of burglary and theft, but additional charges are expected.

(Excerpt) Read more at abc11.com ...

Name:  Khler Edman 15yr old hero died 9-30-19 saving his 5yr old sister.jpg Views: 56 Size:  13.6 KB

When our son was old enough to trust with such a thing I always kept him informed as to the primary HD piece and its ready condition.
We never had any problems.

The young man is indeed a hero.

No riots when the good guy dies.

If a grown up had shot and killed the bad guy. This story would've been told much differently. Likely how the bad guy was just on bad times and didn't mean to hurt anyone, with a picture of the bad guy from high school before the face tattoos and gaining 200 pounds of muscle.

I cannot "like" your post, tac. That is sad that young man died. I am sorry for his family, losing such a brave young son.

You are correct that he is a true hero! :s0155:

Florida is so messed up. There are a bunch of crazies over there!

Condolences to the family who lost their boy to a nut job. That young man is indeed a hero and give me a glimmer of hope that the future may not be as dark as it seems.

As for the perp, too bad he didn't succumb to his injuries... Godspeed Khyler...

Vaya con Dios, young man.

I tell you, if I was the local CLEO I'd try to have the kid posthumously commissioned and buried with full honors...

My condolences to the family , they have a gofund me for the child's funeral expenses which to me seems unnecessary having the kid posthumously commissioned and buried with full honors just have you have suggested would have been great.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top