JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

If you're in the greater Salem, Oregon area I recommend checking out the B-17 Alliance Foundation. They are restoring an old B-17 bomber rivet by rivet with the goal of making it airworthy once again.

Those of you from the Pacific Northwest may remember seeing the "Lacy Lady" in Milwaukie... she used to be suspended above the Bomber gas station after being flown to Oregon following World War II.

The foundation needs all type of help. From people volunteering in the museum and gift shop to crafts/tradesmen that can work on bringing the bomber to life.

F477D596-2592-463E-9340-0EB571458E70.jpeg 71672294-F51F-4E60-B854-E4D9964A2B93.jpeg 3F8A7B35-B3FF-435D-B34F-02B4F95C30A9.jpeg

Check it out B-17 Alliance Foundation

When this project is done a new generation will be able to experience living history. 9F99FA5D-56B2-4794-8DC5-ADEE8E203133.jpeg

I can remember when McLaughlin was a two lane road lots of gravel areas & pot holes

And everyone used the bomber as a reference point for a way to find you

My parents live right by Punky , Art Lacys wife . My step dads friend who works for Boeing got them the original blueprint plans to work from.

Last Edited:
You should have seen how bad it was when they delivered it here in Salem!
My hanger is at the far south end, if you stop by lemme know!;)
For some reason, didn't think of you being in Salem. The last time I flew, meaning where I could take the controls, was in a clipped wing super cub in Morris Illinois. Was fun looking down at the interstate and seeing cars going faster that we were!

For some reason, didn't think of you being in Salem. The last time I flew, meaning where I could take the controls, was in a clipped wing super cub in Morris Illinois. Was fun looking down at the interstate and seeing cars going faster that we were!
Well, Super Cubs haven't gotten much faster then when you last flew, mine will only cruise at about 90 MPH on a good day!

You should have seen how bad it was when they delivered it here in Salem!

I did see it. It was just plain rotten.:(

P1010982-zps8913a4b6.jpg

And as they disconnected the control surfaces, the hydraulic oil ran from the tubing and cylinders. The same blood that was in it the last time it flew.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top