JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand wanting to learn before committing to expensive equipment. It is frustrating investing in something new to learn you should have bought this or that instead. I have been there many times. I started with a RCBS Jr press then moved to a RCBS Rock Chucker. I have gone through three manual case trimmers before finding one that works really well.

People have widly varing opinions on reloading equipment. My suggestion is buy a RCBS Rock Chucker, RCBS 505 scale, current model Hornady case trimmer and use new Hornady dies and shell holders. With that you will have some good quality equipment that will hold its value if you decide to make a change later and it will make precision loads.

Getting into reloading to save money only pencils if you shoot A LOT. Like, A LOT.

Especially if you value your time at anything other than zero.

Press, die sets, electronic scale and dispenser, blocks, chamfer/deburring tool, lube, calipers, pan, trimmers, powder throwers, cartridge boxes, and more, just to get started.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, started 12 years ago or so, still consider myself a beginner.

P

LWH made an excellent suggestion with the original Lee Loader. One loader per cartridge type, and they are slow. But they make excellent quality ammunition and are used by many bench rest shooters. However they are essentially designed for a single gun, as the ammunition they make isn't always interchangable between firearms. If time isn't essential it's the cheapest way to learn to reload as all the steps are the same. Decap, size (don't forget to lube the case), charge, seat bullet. If whacking it with a hammer doesn't float your boat you can always buy a cheap arbor press from Harbor Freight.
Like going back to the days before penicillin! Toss the power steering in your car. Throw out your drip coffee maker. Dig a hole in the back yard to poop in! Ya gotta' be tough. Do it the hardest way possible!
:D

Though, if you were a hard core prepper, that Lee loader would be in your kit. In your chosen SHTF caliber.

The basics of reloading is on you tube but moving up to greater knowledge comes from guys like this.

The Ultimate reloaded guy really gets into best bullet making in some videos.

Like going back to the days before penicillin! Toss the power steering in your car. Throw out your drip coffee maker. Dig a hole in the back yard to poop in! Ya gotta' be tough. Do it the hardest way possible!
:D

Though, if you were a hard core prepper, that Lee loader would be in your kit. In your chosen SHTF caliber.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I bought my first Lee Loader around 1975 or so. And upgraded through the years. Penicillin, power steering, and indoor plumbing was readily available. And we still use a cone filtered coffee maker. Makes the best coffee. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top