JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trigger Techs are awesome triggers but be certain to do some dry fire practice with a hunting glove on or maybe adjust the trigger pull for gloved use in cold weather. Trigger Techs break way smoother than most at the same pull weight.

It sounds like this RMF edition is a step up from Rems factory lineup, if it shoots 1moa dont change a thing, just sight it in and go hunting.

What kind of scope does it have?

Trigger Techs are awesome triggers but be certain to do some dry fire practice with a hunting glove on or maybe adjust the trigger pull for gloved use in cold weather. Trigger Techs break way smoother than most at the same pull weight.

It sounds like this RMF edition is a step up from Rems factory lineup, if it shoots 1moa dont change a thing, just sight it in and go hunting.

What kind of scope does it have?
Nikon monarch

As far as a relatively inexpensive scope, how does the Leupold VariX2 hold up?

I haven't paid much attention to scopes since I quit hunting, but still have several of the basic 3-9 Leupolds around. It was about the cheapest scope that had a quality reputation back then, $100 to $150, and I was all about cheap. I've heard that Leupold has gone through some changes since then and some of their stuff isn't the quality it used to be.

Nikon monarch
Without knowing which one (specs) and reticle type it's difficult to judge, but generally speaking, Nikons have purdy decent glass, are durable, nice turret actions and known to track and hold zero reliably. It's a fair bet to be quite capable for meat.

Considering that combo's origins, my guess is it's likely to be in the "bang for your buck" affordable quality range (vs. a budget scope) and should be good to go.

Last Edited:
Without knowing which one (specs) and reticle type it's difficult to judge, but generally speaking, Nikons have purdy decent glass, are durable, nice turret actions and known to track and hold zero reliably. It's a fair bet to be quite capable for meat.

Considering that combo's origins, my guess is it's likely to be in the "bang for your buck" affordable quality range (vs. a budget scope) and should be good to go.
Well like everyone recommended me I'll go shoot it with the glass it has right now when I go out up game cameras and see how it shoots I just want a simple reliable leaupold if this one don't work out

I have several Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 CDS scopes. Cabelas had them on closeout when the Windplex reticle came out. I bought half a dozen. Great scopes for the money, very reliable.

They sit on Tikkas, of course.

P

That gun is exactly as I got it from the Rocky Mountain elk game dinner except for the aftermarket trigger tech 700 trigger , it came with the scope which I mounted, that rifle had exactly 12 rounds put through it the last one killed a white tail , as I told you when you got it with the superformance ammo it's a 1moa rifle . Ain't nothing on that rifle mediocre .
Aftermarket trigger is good! I wouldn't trust a oem Rem trigger in a used gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top