JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this rifle in a trade a while back haven't shot it, was going to use it as a deer rifle but might trade or sell it off. Anyone know pricing on these thank you

E49F1657-8B4F-44DA-8D97-FD0E89A1E84E.jpeg C72C7FB9-6C6C-43FD-A7E1-4D8AFE715FE6.jpeg A1B16B19-A843-4C16-A81A-5F7AC88AFDAA.jpeg 28E50201-99DA-4860-A127-7B2BA986170B.jpeg

Just looks like a clean RMEF 700 dinner raffle gun with some novice engraving. I'd keep it and hunt the heck out of it. Can't go wrong with 30-06 in Oregon.

Just looks like a clean RMEF 700 dinner raffle gun with some novice engraving. I'd keep it and hunt the heck out of it. Can't go wrong with 30-06 in Oregon.
I'll be hunting eastern Oregon this year deer and elk hopefully it works out well wanted a tikka but might just keep it thanks!

30-06 is a very useful round and can handle anything in NA. While some want a 'bigger caliber boom stick' it is quite capable with the proper bullet. Lots of load data if you reload and lots of factory choices if you prefer that ammo. And you can even find mil-spec. Like the stock, and engraving!

30-06 is a very useful round and can handle anything in NA. While some want a 'bigger caliber boom stick' it is quite capable with the proper bullet. Lots of load data if you reload and lots of factory choices if you prefer that ammo. And you can even find mil-spec. Like the stock, and engraving!
Indeed a lot of old timers I hang out with use 30-06 and 30-30 for deer and elk all their lives shot placement will drop anything

Its a limited edition model.

The rifle is a keeper to me, plus its a Remington 700 action. I would get the rifle bedded and floated if its not already.
I need to find a gunsmith around Eugene to help me out with it I moved over here a year ago still trying to find my way around places I've heard fluting the barrel and the bolt is good?

I need to find a gunsmith around Eugene to help me out with it I moved over here a year ago still trying to find my way around places I've heard fluting the barrel and the bolt is good?
Its in new condition, start by shooting it... it should meet your hunting needs as is. Being a limited edition with a different contour barrel and synthetic stock, its probable the action is already bedded and floated. I dont know though but it would be easy to check by removing the stock. Theres no need to flute a barrel or bolt, those are cosmetic improvements only.

Its in new condition, start by shooting it... it should meet your hunting needs as is. Being a limited edition with a different contour barrel and synthetic stock, its probable the action is already bedded and floated. I dont know though but it would be easy to check by removing the stock. Theres no need to flute a barrel or bolt, those are cosmetic improvements only.
Makes sense

The contour of that barrel does not appear to be a factory Remington contour.
It says on the barrel "2008 Founders Edition 30 of 50"
So it has to be a legit Remington barrel.
Maybe they used the M700 "Magnum Contour" for this special edition ?

I have a factory Remington 700 Long Range 6.5CM that looks a lot like this 30-06
26" magnum contour

Last Edited:
I'll check them out I've always heard fluting yours rifles helps out with accuracy
It's done to drop a little weight and enhance cooling.....allegedly.
If it was true that fluting increased accuracy, then the competition shooters would all be doing it.
They aren't doing it.
Your barrel doesn't have a lot of "meat" on it, so if you have someone flute it, make sure that they know what they are doing.