JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 23C is open due to the comp. It can be used for limited or limited 10 if you change the barrel to a non-ported barrel of 9mm or larger. It can only be used for production if you change the barrel to a non-ported 40 cal barrel. The approved production handgun list specifically says "C models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met". Appendix D4 21.3 says "you may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun".

So can I run my 23C with a threaded 9mm conversion barrel in the Limited class? It's longer and of a different caliber.

I went to the USPSA match at ARPC yesterday, shot single-stack with my Filipino 1911. Holy crap, that was fun! I was a little slow, but I got a lot of "two-alpha's" so maybe I made up for it. I'll need more mags and more mag holsters if I keep shooting the 1911, or maybe I'll just convert my G23 to a 9mm and use it in limited. Or maybe I'll pick up an M&P and use it in production division, or maybe I'll pick up.....

Glad you had a chance to shoot your first match. Just be aware that it can be addictive! This was the first time that I've been at a match that there was any political talk allowed during the announcements. It was a pretty important announcement for us Oregonian,s so glad to see that Jan let the guy from OFF say a few words.

I shot the first few months with my Ruger SR9c. Had lots of fun and learned quite a bit. You probably won't be outshooting any gun for awhile so you've got plenty of time to find what you like. There's a match at Dundee week after next that's also a fun match

Glad you had a chance to shoot your first match. Just be aware that it can be addictive! This was the first time that I've been at a match that there was any political talk allowed during the announcements. It was a pretty important announcement for us Oregonian,s so glad to see that Jan let the guy from OFF say a few words.

I shot the first few months with my Ruger SR9c. Had lots of fun and learned quite a bit. You probably won't be outshooting any gun for awhile so you've got plenty of time to find what you like. There's a match at Dundee week after next that's also a fun match

My work schedule rotates, and it's about to rotate into working every weekend. I'll make some matches next month though, looks like ARPC and Dundee.

I went to the USPSA match at ARPC yesterday, shot single-stack with my Filipino 1911. Holy crap, that was fun! I was a little slow, but I got a lot of "two-alpha's" so maybe I made up for it. I'll need more mags and more mag holsters if I keep shooting the 1911, or maybe I'll just convert my G23 to a 9mm and use it in limited. Or maybe I'll pick up an M&P and use it in production division, or maybe I'll pick up.....

Good job on the match. A couple of stages were a little more challenging for us major PF single stack guys. I really had to think hard how to get out of a standing reload on two stages.

One squad had five new shooters that finished the match safety. They moved through the stages really well with no delay.

Good job on the match. A couple of stages were a little more challenging for us major PF single stack guys. I really had to think hard how to get out of a standing reload on two stages.

One squad had five new shooters that finished the match safety. They moved through the stages really well with no delay.

That was my squad, I was one of the 5 new shooters. Great time!

There is no IDPA at DRRC sorry. Yes DRRC is Douglas Ridge Rifle Club

Thanks, but I wanted a reply from the person who I quoted. I know that DRRC = Douglas Ridge, and that they don't have a current IDPA program. Maybe he meant something else (another discipline), or somewhere else (a different club), or sometime else (15 years ago?) and needed a prompt to recognize the (possible?) mistake and offer a correction/clarification.

Glad I came across this thread. I've been looking for something a little more than just shooting paper. As it turns out there is USPSA and IDPA reasonably close by. Cost for memebership doesn't seem prohibitive either.

I just shot my first "steel challenge" at Sun Valley Shooting Park outside of Yakima. It was an absolute blast! I quickly realized that slower is faster. I can't wait for the next match!
Everyone was very friendly, supportive and helpful. It was an all around good experience.

Last Edited:
Hello can someone tell me if I need to shoot a classifier to shoot in idpa. I am looking to get started and did some reading on it. It seems the first match this not needed? Thanks!

You do NOT need to shoot a classifier. You would need to be classified marksman or higher to shoot a sanctioned match. (eg. State championship's, regionals etc..)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top