JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Figure I'd ask....Ive got three new toys to take to the indoor range the end of next month for their first time out....these are a Walther Q4 Tac pistol with hicap mags(came with the gun), a braced GHM9 with hi cap magazines, and an AUG, again, with hi cap magazine....am I gonna get any grief at the range? As in, any grief on the mags, any grief on the not-yet-SBR'd but braced GHM9, or the hicap mags with the AUG? Everything was purchased (obviously) before the 114 crap.....

Last Edited:
Figure I'd ask....Ive got three new toys to take to the indoor range the end of next month for their first time out....these are a Walther Q4 Tac pistol with hicap mags(came with the gun), a braced GHM9 with hi cap magazines, and an AUG, again, with hi cap magazine....am I gonna get any grief at the range? As in, any grief on the mags, any grief on the not-yet-SBR'd but braced GHM9, or the hicap mags with the AUG? Everything was pruchased (obviously) before the 114 crap.....
As long as it isn't the clackamas county sheriff run range near the Clackamas Mall, you should be fine. I was told if I showed up with a suppressor and not the stamp they would confiscate it. I told them in the nicest possible way to eat it.

No.

With that said if they give you "grief" then I would leave and take my business elsewhere.

Figure I'd ask....Ive got three new toys to take to the indoor range the end of next month for their first time out....these are a Walther Q4 Tac pistol with hicap mags(came with the gun), a braced GHM9 with hi cap magazines, and an AUG, again, with hi cap magazine....am I gonna get any grief at the range? As in, any grief on the mags, any grief on the not-yet-SBR'd but braced GHM9, or the hicap mags with the AUG? Everything was pruchased (obviously) before the 114 crap.....
"The indoor range".
Which indoor range? The range you refer to likely has a telephone and could answer your questions.

As long as it isn't the clackamas county sheriff run range near the Clackamas Mall, you should be fine. I was told if I showed up with a suppressor and not the stamp they would confiscate it. I told them in the nicest possible way to eat it.
Good to know, thanks! This range have a name, or is the ownership by the Sheriff's Department prominently displayed on their website so i know to avoid it?

Another question...a buddy recommended the indoor range in Camas, WA...am I opening any can of worms taking the three said firearms to that range and using them there, seeing as I am an Oregon resident?

Another question...a buddy recommended the indoor range in Camas, WA...am I opening any can of worms taking the three said firearms to that range and using them there, seeing as I am an Oregon resident?
Depends on if you're worried about being "legal" or not.

Depends on if you're worried about being "legal" or not.
Wish i had an idea of what you are talking about.....just looking for answers (if they exist) like everyone else....i mean, if its illegal for me to take my guns across the river to go shoot at a public indoor range, just say so and save me the grief and possible stupidity of doing so....

Wish i had an idea of what you are talking about.....just looking for answers (if they exist) like everyone else....i mean, if its illegal for me to take my guns across the river to go shoot at a public indoor range, just say so and save me the grief and possible stupidity of doing so....
SafeFire is local to me and it's a state of the art indoor range.
If I had your hardware, I'd want to find a place on public land, shoot some steel and shoot at a rate of fire that may or may not break range rules somewhere.

SafeFire is local to me and it's a state of the art indoor range.
If I had your hardware, I'd want to find a place on public land, shoot some steel and shoot at a rate of fire that may or may not break range rules somewhere.
Would be nice, yes....but Im not into freezing outdoors for hours just to run some rounds through my toys....getting too old for that...hence, the indoor, warm, heated range....is Safefire any fun? Id be going probably right when they open during the work week...when theyre not so busy..

Taking guns isn't the issue. "Legally" you can't import mags that hold over 10 rounds into Washington as far as I know.

With that being said who is gunna know….. I wouldn't be too worried about it but if you get caught (idk how you would) there may be consequences.

Just like if you were to get caught as an Oregon resident carrying a firearm with 11+ round mags in Washington. "Technically" they have been imported.

At the end of the day just do what you want. Just know the rules that are in the books, possible consequences, and then conduct your own risk management plan.

also, after the 8th you have to lock your standard +10 mags up during transport to and from...
you mean the mags have to be kept in the trunk and the toys in the passenger compartment? Thatd be easy, put the 3 mags from the 3 guns in the glove box and lock it, "letter of the law" followed, as I dont have a trunk in my car.......(such a damn joke, lol!!)

you mean the mags have to be kept in the trunk and the toys in the passenger compartment? Thatd be easy, put the 3 mags from the 3 guns in the glove box and lock it, "letter of the law" followed, as I dont have a trunk in my car.......(such a damn joke, lol!!)
Something like that, yeah. Or a locked case. I dunno... I get tired of keeping up with all these laws that only affect me.
See, this means your less likely to go rob a bank with those mags. Get to the bank and remember oh crap, the mags are locked up might as well go home.
But nobodys trying to take your guns away from you...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads