JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am getting a Dillon 550b for Christmas,
So I have dies for 45 acp and 38/ 357 would like to get crimping dies or a full set.
Need dies for 380 9mm 308 3006.
If anyone has extra Dillon 550b stuff if you want to sell at reasonable price send me some pics.

So if you're shooting your .357 ammo though a revolver I would highly recommend you get a Lee Factory Crimp Die (under $20 new) and toss the Dillon crimp die. Magnum powder ignites slower and it is possible for the primer to go off, push the bullet about an inch into the barrel and only have a few yellow streaks through the unburnt powder that is now all over the place. I use a Dillon and per their die setting instructions you wont even come close to a good crimp. Safety 1st and LISTEN to each and every BANG. If they don't sound right (or at all) check the barrel!

I have a bunch of Dillon pistol dies and their crimp die works very well for me. I'm slowly changing out all my pistol dies to Dillon and I also run 550's. Crimp die is just a matter of adjustment, you can go from too light to damaging brass, or the proper place in between.

I have a bunch of Dillon pistol dies and their crimp die works very well for me. I'm slowly changing out all my pistol dies to Dillon and I also run 550's. Crimp die is just a matter of adjustment, you can go from too light to damaging brass, or the proper place in between.
Dillon crimp uses a taper where the Lee Factory crimp die rolls the edge into the bullet and it does a 2nd resize so it's darn near impossible to damage brass.

I'll be agreeing on that as that's all I use for pistol. Never a problem.
Hate to have to try getting a Lee crimp die in my Sq Deal :huh:
Marcus, I bought me press from you almost 4 years ago from you and up until about 6 months ago I didn't believe there was a better crimp than Dillon.
Many people on all the sites know Sagewa. He has taught hundreds of people to reload. One day I was shooting the BUBBLEGUM with him and he told me how my ammo (especially revolver) would be more accurate... I balked! So as a test, I brought over 100 .357 rounds that I loaded up on my Dillon. I used a red felt pen and marked 50 cases across the primer and recrimped these using his Lee Factory Crimp die. Then I went to the range. Using a Colt King Cobra with a 6" barrel I alternated 6 and 6 at 15 yards. The Lee crimped grouped almost 1/2 the size. If I hadn't done it myself I never would have believed it. Since then I have done the same test with my 45 Long colt with the similar results. Then for grins and giggles I tried 9mm and the grouping change was negligible but the occasional errant round that would drift outside the grouping went away. When I come across a 45ACP Lee crimp die I'll pop out the $19 for it because to me, shooting is about the accuracy.
I shoot 1000 + rounds a month and have reloaded in the realm of 100K. I have friends that tell me my ammo is more accurate than factory but until you try if for yourself you wont know what you're missing (or why).

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top