JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again, as long as there policy is 3 day release when NOT purchaceing from them I'm in business. They have Stacottos, just not the one i want. Told J&B is only shop with that policy. On a mission to find out
I can't remember if they were one of the ones doing it. There are quite a few doing 3day on the west side. Simple phone call would answer that

Between their pricing and restricted transfers I don't know why anyone would buy a firearm at ORW.

Do what several of us have done and buy from Sharpshooters in Spokane and transfer to your FFL of choice.
Ah ya, you're that guy who doesn't like their pricing, despite being cheaper than the big box stores and are in line with all the other local dealers. Aren't you also the one who ordered a firearm which didn't ship for months, then was upset when they wouldn't receive it at the height if the 114 mayhem. After they had notices all over they they weren't receiving any shipped firearms? Or was that the other guy in that thread?

Ah ya, you're that guy who doesn't like their pricing, despite being cheaper than the big box stores and are in line with all the other local dealers. Aren't you also the one who ordered a firearm which didn't ship for months, then was upset when they wouldn't receive it at the height if the 114 mayhem. After they had notices all over they they weren't receiving any shipped firearms? Or was that the other guy in that thread?
Why would one pay full MSRP when the same item could be had for much less somewhere else?

You are mistaken, I wasn't the one who transferred a firearm into rifleworks.

Why would one pay full MSRP when the same item could be had for much less somewhere else?

You are mistaken, I wasn't the one who transferred a firearm into rifleworks.
For the time we are living in now I wouldn't care to pay a little more to get something I really want especially if you find it local.

For the time we are living in now I wouldn't care to pay a little more to get something I really want especially if you find it local.
I ordered my Winchester 70 from my local shop as opposed to Buds to have a local guy in the event the TRO on the permit to purchase was removed. I ended up paying over $100 more, but I got to support my local FFL.

I ordered my Winchester 70 from my local shop as opposed to Buds to have a local guy in the event the TRO on the permit to purchase was removed. I ended up paying over $100 more, but I got to support my local FFL.
I had my FFL look for stuff before I found it online. It came to a coin flip on a few but I haven't gotten anything past the original Dec 8th. Been looking around a few place might get something else but still thinking. I've never had a issue buying local and paying a little extra. Being able to fondle the it before you buy goes a long ways.

In my experience, you may find it cheaper online, but then you likely pay shipping, definitely pay for a incoming transfer, and in the end your basically paying the same price as if you bought it locally. If the price is vastly different, your probably comparing a red apple to a blood orange. Look pretty much the same, but they aren't.

In my experience, you may find it cheaper online, but then you likely pay shipping, definitely pay for a incoming transfer, and in the end your basically paying the same price as if you bought it locally. If the price is vastly different, your probably comparing a red apple to a blood orange. Look pretty much the same, but they aren't.
Buds has free shipping, and transfer still put the same model a little over $100 more.

Just go on Gunbroker and order whatever staccato you want. It takes a bit to search but you can get exactly what you want. I found one place in UT with free shipping and no CC fees that was throwing in a DPP sight for basically 100 bucks. Another in Florida had a $50 instant rebate, free $20 shipping and no fees. Both of these places were cheaper than I could buy locally even if the local shops had them in stock. ORW couldn't/wouldn't order for me, NW armory was stripped clean.
Your spending a pile of cash don't settle for What's in stock locally, get exactly what you want.

Last Edited:
Just go on Gunbroker and order whatever staccato you want. It takes a bit to search but you can get exactly what you want. I found one place in UT with free shipping and no CC fees that was throwing in a DPP sight for basically 100 bucks. Another in Florida had a $50 instant rebate, free $20 shipping and no fees. Both of these places were cheaper than I could buy locally even if the local shops had them in stock. ORW couldn't/wouldn't order for me, NW armory was stripped clean.
Your spending a pile of cash don't settle for What's in stock locally, get exactly what you want.
That's the way I've done it, but some people are just not comfortable doing the on line firearms order thing.
It's also good practice to let your chosen FFL have a shot at ordering it in from his sources.

U mentioned Gun Broker. Is it safe to say that of the dozen or so sites on the web that sell Stacottos, they are SAFE to do business with? Got burned on a $50 rv part once from a site that looked legit. Do u somehow verify first? New to online gun buying. Thanks

U mentioned Gun Broker. Is it safe to say that of the dozen or so sites on the web that sell Stacottos, they are SAFE to do business with? Got burned on a $50 rv part once from a site that looked legit. Do u somehow verify first? New to online gun buying. Thanks
There's no reason I would use Gunbroker for a Staccato purchase.
I like Gunbroker for out of production or extremely hard to find firearms.
Staccato does not fit that criteria, it's a current production firearm and not hard to find (nationwide).

I've already given you your solution further back in this thread, to buy whatever Staccato model you want.
I'll go through it again...
I used Dawson Precision, probably the #1 pistol sight manufacturer in the US and also the #1 Staccato dealer in the US. They are 22 minutes from the Staccato factory in Texas.
So, you can buy from Dawson or directly from Staccato.
Either are super-safe to buy from.

Here's how you do it :

1) Determine what FFL you are going to use locally.
Contact them, let them know that you are going to be having a pistol shipped to their location.
At this time you can ask the FFL if he wants to source it and bring it in himself, for you.
Some FFL's would rather just have you source it and buy it, but offering them the chance is a nice gesture.

2) If you are making the purchase, then go to the Dawson website or the Staccato website and purchase the firearm the same way you would buy a pair of shoes.
Use a credit card.
There may be a "field" where you type in your FFL's name, address, email address and phone number.
Or there may be a "message box" where you could type in your FFL's contact info.

3) Copy and paste your invoice from Dawson or Staccato into an email to your FFL.
You may get your Invoice emailed to you. In that case just Forward the Invoice Email to your FFL.
This lets your FFL know that he needs to send a copy of his FFL (license) to the seller.
The seller receives the FFL copy and then ships the firearm.

4) Once you get a tracking number from the seller (in your email), Forward the tracking number to your FFL.

5) In a couple of days you'll get an email (or phone call) from your FFL that your pistol came in.
You then set up a time and go to your FFL to do the paperwork.

Pro Tip :
Thoroughly inspect the firearm FIRST before doing any paperwork.

This process may seem daunting at first, but once you do it you'll see how simple it really is.
All i's dotted, all t's crossed and you are good to go.

Last Edited:
3 local dealers have 0 stock & WON'T special order. Same story at all 3. We are waiting for our order to come in. No clue on arrival date
I apologize if I interpreted your earlier post, but you specifically asked a blanket statement of if the "Is it safe to say that of the dozen or so other sites are safe to do business with".

Not knowing what dozen or so sites you mention, it is impossible to know if any of them are safe. A question like that indicates a lack of knowledge of purchasing online.

Again, if I misunderstood the question, I apologize. I would hate for you to get burned by purchasing online. That said, some places such as PSA have a reputation of losing your CC number. I've personally had my number lost twice in two different purchased with them. You can find this information online as well.

If you have specific dealers, it will be easier to assist you in your endeavor, but it is not possible to give you a blanket go ahead.

Last Edited:
I apologize if I interpreted your earlier post, but you specifically asked a blanket statement of if the "Is it safe to say that of the dozen or so other sites are safe to do business with".

Not knowing what dozen or so sites you mention, it is impossible to know if any of them are safe. A question like that indicates a lack of knowledge of purchasing online.

Again, if I misunderstood the question, I apologize. I would hate for you to get burned by purchasing online. That said, PSA has a reputation of losing your CC number. I've personally had my number lost twice in two different purchased with them. You can find this information online as well.

If you have specific dealers, it will be easier to assist you in your endeavor, but it is not possible to give you a blanket go ahead.
Good Post ^^^

There's no reason to go to Starbase Far Point to buy a Staccato pistol.
I suggested either directly from Staccato or from Dawson Precision, their #1 dealer.
Either would be a home run.

Cool story...
I wanted an STI Edge (not long ago).
They were just out of production and STI was changing their name to Staccato.
I emailed Dawson and asked if they had any more.
They said no, our inventory is all Staccato now.

Dawson called or emailed (can'r remember which) a couple of days later.
"We found one in the basement. It's the last one, do you want it ?"
YEP !

Last Edited:

Again, if I misunderstood the question, I apologize. I would hate for you to get burned by purchasing online. That said, some places such as PSA have a reputation of losing your CC number. I've personally had my number lost twice in two different purchased with them. You can find this information online as well.

Thanks for responce. & yes I'm new at online gun purchases. Interestingly I have made mag & ammo purchases from PSA with great service. Ha. Not sure how to verify that a gun purchace would be safe? from any site. That being said, Nagels out of Texas gets good reviews as best as I can figure. Recommendations on how to verify seller is legit.....thanks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top