JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want a long range gun in a 308 but cant make my mind up. Im looking at the savage model 12 bvss 308. Maybe you guys could chime in and suggest a better option. Also looking at the Nightforce 8-32X56 precision. Would that make a good combo?

Just bought a 12 VLP DBM. Looks like the same barrel and action as the BVSS, and I have to admit I like the look of the stock on the BVSS better than mine. I wanted the one-in-seven twist 223 barrel.... Anyway, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the action or trigger, and I'd be shocked if you we're disappointed with any NightForce product!

The Savage Model 12 in the Varmit line like my Model 12 VLP DBM in .243 are scarry accurate with good ammo. The model your looking at is the same barreled action but with an internal magazine and a different stock. I see no reason why the rifle wouldn't out shoot all but the most talented of expert shooters.

With my hand loads I can put 5 rounds into a dime at 100 yards and into a nickle at 200 yards.

I have a Mueller 4-16X -50mm lighted Mil-Dot scope on Leupold rings and bases.

Keep in mind the Target series Model 12's are one of the top long range rifles on the competition circuit. Look up how TEAM SAVAGE is doing using basically off the rack rifles.

Savagemodel12wscope.jpg

Savagemodel12wscope.jpg