Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Want to build AR Pistol

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by thewhitebuffalo83, May 20, 2012.

1. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

I currently have a AR for long range work and also a Carbine. I thought it would be nice to build a pistol. My question is where do I start. I have a Mega Arms stripped lower reciever waiting to be picked up and registered to me. Whats the next step and where do I find info to make this all legal and stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

A Pistol buffer. A standard LPK, and a Pistol upper. A lot of folks say they like the 10" uppers. I have a 7.5" upper, and sort of wish I had built a 10", but the supplier didn't have any 10" barrels at the time.

3. thewhitebuffalo83

Should I register my lower as a pistol lower only or as a receiver? does it make a difference?

4. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Just as a receiver.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. nrc

nrc Oregon Member

+1

Your FFL should/will know exactly how to complete the purchase.

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There is no way you can register a gun in the PNW since none of our states have registration. There is no way to transfer a receiver as a pistol since it is not pistol. The only thing you can transfer a receiver as is a receiver only.

The info can be found right on the 4473 form you fill out for transfer, http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf Read how to fill out section 18.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

I just completed an AR pistol build. I got a pistol lower parts kit, lower receiver and 10.5" upper all from Palmetto State Armory. Their pistol lower parts kits include the pistol buffer tube.

8. thewhitebuffalo83

picked up the last few items I needed from Curts Discount Shooters Supply today. I with I hadn't broke my self exercising last week or I would be building instead of hanging out here tonight. I completely messed up my elbows and shoulders three days ago and I can hardly eat and I have to use a straw to drink anything. Really sucks, however Curts was freaking awesome. I made my brother drive me out there after I hit the urgent care this morning.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

:bluelaugh:
    Sorry,the straw thing got me ,but WTF did you do to yourself?
    And pics will be required soon.

10. thewhitebuffalo83

I started P90X again and this time I didn't modify my diet a couple weeks ahead of time. The first work out was chest and back and I worked my self to failure ever set and I destroyed my shoulder and elbow joints. The muscles were so tight that I has no range of motion in either joint on both sides the next day. Then after seeing the Doctor on Saturday things went from better to much much worse. I ended up in the hospital Sunday evening untill tuesday afternoon because I had way to much creatinephosphatekinase(normal enzyme involved with muscle metabolism.) in my blood. My levels were above 42,000 per whatever and a normal healthy persons levels are only a couple hundred per whatever. Sorry I am not back to 100% yet and can't remember what "whatever is"

11. thewhitebuffalo83

Crappy cell phone pic.
    2012-06-29_22-27-12_741.jpg

12. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

OA93.....Best little pistol ever!

IMG_1025.jpg

13. thewhitebuffalo83

NICE.