Want to build an upper but...?

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
For the muzzle device, I decided to go with the Yankee Hill Phantom as the standard A2 is ugly to me. I know it works well but, it's just blah to me!:s0112: Anyway, I watched a video of a flash hider shootout and the YHM Phantom did extemely well suppressing the flash.

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Just waiting on the stupid flash hider now. Tracking shows it's been sitting at the Edgewater, FL post office for almost ten days!:mad:

thumbnail_IMG_0217.jpg

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
No need to wait, slap it together and install the MD when it shows.
A great forum member offered me the opportunity to do the assembly at his location as, I don't have all the tools or space here in my little mobile home. (no shop available) So, want to get all parts together and put on at one time.:)

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Sometimes, making a trip to sell a gun turns out real well for me! Just sold a shotgun and while waiting around found this Leupold VX-Freedom AR 1.5-4 X 20 with box and all papers plus, mounted to an Aero Precision mount for under 2 bills! As Hannibal Smith used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together!":s0112:

This will go on the new upper build!

thumbnail_IMG_0219.jpg

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Tracking update shows the flash hider finally made here to Corvallis and will be delivered on Monday. Ordered that thing on 6/11 and it's just now getting here!:(

Reno

Reactions
Tracking update shows the flash hider finally made here to Corvallis and will be delivered on Monday. Ordered that thing on 6/11 and it's just now getting here!:(
YHM shut down temporarily due to COVID. I’m waiting for the R9 to hit distributors and I’m certain the virus crap has delayed that!

I’m free all next week, so just hit me up.

Did your rail come with a wrench of some sort to be used with a 1/2” socket?

Reactions
Its nice, but you don't need a shop to build AR's. I mounted a small vice to my tool box top and do it all right on my tool box. All the tools you would need could be put in a fishing tackle type box, and a small vice you can clamp on to a sturdy bench will do. I do recommend "lapping" the upper where the barrel extension seats to the upper receiver. Even the higher end uppers are not perfect. The lapping tool is not super expensive either. It is well worth it in my opinion.

Reactions
20200630_230142.jpg

I'm about to get my upper going too.

Think I have about everything, complete lower is still processing and hasn't shipped yet. Have some ammo on the way too, not enough lol but a few hundred rounds.

I have small rubber/nylon hammers already but need roll pin punch set and vise block.

OP
HA556

HA556

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Looking forward to seeing the end result! I've got my lower already put together and just need to get a sling for the complete project now.:)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom