JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Transitioning from working on a farm back into an office setting so my current handguns won't fit the bill for comfortable CC. I'm looking for real-world experiences that can recommend a carry piece in 9mm or .40 that isn't a Glock. I'm very set on those calibers as I don't want to have to add another one to reload.

I had a G-27 and only kept it for a couple months as the ergonomics were just not right for me. Been looking at both semi-auto and revolvers. And finally; $500 or less is ideal because I'm gonna be skint for the next couple years.

Edit; I'm about 230, and just under 6' in terms of bulk. I'm expecting to be constantly going from standing position to sitting and want to avoid needing to adjust whatever I'm carrying.

Last Edited:
I'm partial to XDM's.

XD(M)® Compact .40SW Handgun | Top Concealed Carry Handguns

XD(M)® Compact 9MM | Concealed Carry Guns for Women & Men

My primary carry gun is the 3.8" XDM .45

EB82420E-BB65-4215-BA25-A51594D184D0.jpeg

My recommendation would be a S&W M&P Shield...

I'm kinda partial to the Shield in .45 ACP. This one wears Trijicon night sights and rides in a Concealment Express kydex holster, as pictured. That's seven rounds of .45 APC goodness on board and two seven round recharges carried elsewhere... Been my EDC for about 18
months now...
B6F3F630-3743-407C-AB7F-FAB6D9138257.jpeg

Transitioning from working on a farm back into an office setting so my current handguns won't fit the bill for comfortable CC. I'm looking for real-world experiences that can recommend a carry piece in 9mm or .40 that isn't a Glock. I'm very set on those calibers as I don't want to have to add another one to reload.

I had a G-27 and only kept it for a couple months as the ergonomics were just not right for me. Been looking at both semi-auto and revolvers. And finally; $500 or less is ideal because I'm gonna be skint for the next couple years.

Edit; I'm about 230, and just under 6' in terms of bulk. I'm expecting to be constantly going from standing position to sitting and want to avoid needing to adjust whatever I'm carrying.

How small and light r you looking for? Generally smaller and lighter means more comfortable but harder to shoot very accurately. A really good trigger and good sights can be really important for accuracy in a small gun, as well as how it fits in ur hand.

The sig p938 or its clone the Springfield 911 (380 only now but I assume 9mm is coming?) are small, light, good sights and nice single action trigger. FYI here is a video of rob leathem talking about why small guns are hard to shoot that might give some good things to think about for small guns. Also a video about how the sig p938 can be carried in front jeans pocket (it's a bit heavy for that but it works, of course iwb or other carry methods are options). It's such an individual choice re size. I guess it's a good thing there are so many guns out there to choose from! : )

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads