JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have my last one of many I owned in years past sits still new new and unfired in the box ( original purchase price was $100) . With those beat to H@ll rifles bringing that kind of money , mine can only be edging closer to the $1000 mark at which time I will part company with it. I have had some offer $500 but now that I know what the current offerings look like there is no way I would take that kind of money for mine.

I remember when they sold for $69.00 to $99.00 In all honesty I don't see them worth much more.
I remember when the local gun store had a literal barrel of Norinco SKS rifles for $69 each. I should have bought one then. Now, I'm not interested in a Norinco, but I would buy a decent priced Yugo SKS if they ever come available again. Last time they were available I was still in Los Angeles (work, don't ask) so I couldn't avail myself.

I wouldn't normally talk trash in the classified section but it's not a private sale as such ....

In all honesty I don't see them worth much more
Neither do I.
I mean heck, stocks that look like they were hand carved out of a 4 x 4, barrels that look like they were shaped with an angle grinder, the oh so fine metal fitment and finish and the 20 lb triggers! And this was the one and only I owned at one time in my life!
I came to my senses not long after and traded it (and some other stuff) for a Ruger Blackhawk .357.

Neither do I.
I mean heck, stocks that look like they were hand carved out of a 4 x 4, barrels that look like they were shaped with an angle grinder, the oh so fine metal fitment and finish and the 20 lb triggers! And this was the one and only I owned at one time in my life!
I came to my senses not long after and traded it (and some other stuff) for a Ruger Blackhawk .357.

While I can find fault with things concerning the SKS , having a heavy trigger was not one of them, a long trigger with creep yes, but heavy no and I have owned my share of them along with a few other folks as well.

Love the Yugo and Norinco I used to have.

Haven't shot the Norinco I have now.

Always found them to be gentle on the recoil being they are heavier.

People are always bubba'ing them out so if you want a mint stock they are out there or there are Tapco's and the like.

Idk, imo some of that trench art would look pretty cool with a little sanding and a new coat of stain but to each their own.

I just saw them advertised and I see stuff that's not that much nicer being advertised on here for $500+ so it seemed worth posting about. Little elbow grease and you might end up with better then you thought.

I don't know why, but the SKS's have never done anything for me....:s0131:

I feel the same way about AK rifles and I honestly tried to like them, for what its worth I have a similar sentiment about the SKS but it came after owning several. Typically communist design philosophy with durability and simplicity first and foremost , they are rather agricultural in their design and finish.

I had more affinity for them when they were $60 to $100 as they do make for a decent truck gun or ranch rifle. At current prices they bring nothing to the party at all. in the $500 to $700 range I can think of any number of guns I would rather own.

From an inexpensive plinker price perspective, they were at one point the M1 Carbine of the late 80's to mid 90's .

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top