JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YOU can do that except the site I sent three mounts with it two black ones and that tan one so go for it send pictures when you get it done

It will look good either way, but you can always paint the mags. They will still look good as they get warn and the black shows through a little on the edges etc.
Yes paint is cheap and it looks good when you match it and it gets the used look lol if your going to paint P Mag's just get a piece of sand paper and rough it up then paint it

Any votes on FDE Magpul furniture

You worry too much about looks, have you even fired 500 rounds through it yet?

It does not do you any good if it looks dam good but in a bad situation you only hope it works because you never really tested it out.

I hate to tell but it does not matter what color of furniture you put on it unless you break up the pattern of the rifle it will still look like a rifle in the woods. A solid tan one still looks like a rifle the same as a solid black, red or blue one. Adding different color furniture does not change the shape of the rifle.

So ask yourself, why do you feel it needs to have color is this just a Barbie doll gun and you want to dress it up or do you have a reason in mind. I do not really care as I have OD Green, Foliage and Black only to tell the difference in barrel types and purpose from each other or they all look the same.

Looks do not make it shoot any better and unless you do a camo job it will not hide it any better so in my mind leave it black and spend the money on ammo.

Just so you know I have OD Green, Foliage, Black and Tan P-Mags as I get whatever is on sale at the time and I mix and match them when at the range they all work the same. I do use OD Green with blue electrical tape around the base for my 62 grain ammo.

This is an old pic I posted before but this is cammo I have not done an AR in a long time but 10 dollars worth of spray paint from Walmart and it looks like crap up close but it was designed to break up the pattern not look good.
DSC_0011aa.JPG
This was taken from about 7 feet away at 20 it was very hard to see even knowing it was there and from 27 feet you had to really look for it.

Last Edited:
I will admit I do like Magpul hand guards as they fit my hand better than the large oval standard hand guards but I still preferred the smaller round ones even over the Magpul set up.

Even with the stock hand guard set up in most cases you can put the longer Magpul rail along the bottom just be carefully taking out the heat shield then install the rail (standard not m-lock rail because they have bigger flat nuts) then put back the heat shield and put whatever forward grip on it you want on it. A rail is 9 bucks the Magpul hand guard is around 35 plus grip. Did I say I was cheap unless I feel it is really worth the money?

The only reason I have the colored ones is when Magpul went to the M-lock system a while back they blew out the standard stuff real cheap and I mean real cheap or all my guns would still be black with letter number codes painted on them to know the options in them.

Please do not get me wrong I love a cool decked out rifle just like everyone else but do it to your third one make this one your practical home defense, shooter and build the tactical cool one when you know how they really work and have had some training to know what bells really do make a difference.

I worked on Harleys for a number of years and everyone who bought one had to add all the chrome bells and do dads and I want you to know they looked dang good sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck because they neglected to change the oil and do basic maintenance on the bike because they kept adding lights and other junk on them.

Learn to shoot, operate and get some practice with the gun first then go hog wild on do dads. You will find you will waste less money and get what you truly need and not just want.

Ok is there much difference in feel with the Magpul handguard vs the stock handguard on my Sport
MOE SL, or the slim handguard, extends forward underneath and around front sight. You have to push out the pin from the front sling loop and yank it, though, or the handguard won't fit. The extra 2" length is nice if you like to lock out the elbow of support hand. You also get options for attaching lights and whatnot.

Glad I kept my Sport went out over the Memorial Day weekend with some friends. It's a ton of fun to run rounds through. Though I did make a could changes. As well as added a nice Vortex red dot.

It may not say BCM or Noveske but it still hits targets just the same.

That is all that matters and that is what has always mattered. Something might look really cool but if it is hard to use, unreliable and will not hit what your aiming at it is worthless, cool looking or not.

Looks good so now go enjoy it.

It shoots nice not because of the furniture it's just a nice shooting rifle. And here I might have been a touch worried having a affordable AR. That it wouldn't be a nice shooting rifle.

Glad to hear you like it. I've got a Noveske among others and I can't say that I prefer it over my other ones. They are each set up differently and serve a different purpose. Keep it. If you want a "nicer" AR later pick one up but to be honest the one I shoot the most is one I built and I don't even remember what brand the upper and barrel are! :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top