Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Want an AR-15 Buget of $1K - What Do I Get?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jimboshooter, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jimboshooter

jimboshooter West Portland, Oregon Active Member

I have a budget of about $1K and want the best AR-15 I can get. I have read and read and read and looked and looked. I cannot come to a conclusion other than nobody agrees on much. Looking for suggestions on what to get and where to get it.

2. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

You will save money by buying a separate upper and lower rather than buying a complete rifle. Figure out what lower you want and what upper and pin them together.

3. nwg19

nwg19 Auburn WA. Member

4. nwg19

nwg19 Auburn WA. Member

5. crosse

crosse Bellevue Active Member

cmmg midlength from cdnn. lifetime warranty. considered the best bargain ar15. at cdnn starting at 750+

6. jimboshooter

jimboshooter West Portland, Oregon Active Member

I just got the CDNN catalog and saw that cmmg and wondered about it.

7. nwg19

nwg19 Auburn WA. Member

8. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

9. xjjeeper223

xjjeeper223 Medford Active Member

Stag 2T. Check it out.

10. Selftest

Selftest Bellingham, WA Member

grtactical.com has a BCM complete mid-length rifle or a carbine for $1134, which includes a BCM mag with Magpul follower, Troy BU rear site, and an absolutely fantastic rifle.

The Daniel Defense is also agreat choice. I would look at those two and only those two if you are going to ever potentially use the rifle to protect you or yours.

11. mphillip

mphillip lebanon,Oregon Member

I am in the same boat has you. got about 800-900 bucks to spend on a AR Iam leaning between a stag arms model 1,Cmmg le m4 or a delton m4 right now based on what people have told me all three of those AR are great guns!

12. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

13. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

+1 for coctailer and the Delton Package. Great deal and a great gun.

14. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

Sure you can buy a low end or entry level rifle if you like but you get what you pay for. Stag, double star, olympic and others in my OPINION are garbage. Id stay with a bushmaster, colt, lewis machine, dpms etc. Id hold out for a good one. With the economy down there are a lot of people dumping good rifles are bargain prices.

15. xjjeeper223

xjjeeper223 Medford Active Member

Say what?! Stag is a much better rifle than Double Star or Olympic! Also, DPMS is pretty much considered to be the quintessential low budget entry rifle. Furthermore, DPMS and Bushmaster are no where near the quality of Colt or LMT. Bushmaster is not quite what they used to be. Very little research will tell you that even Stag makes a better product than them or RRA.

Check out the comparrison chart of all major AR15 brands. Its a little ways down on the webpage. It doesnt address every ossible question but it gives a pretty good feel. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

16. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Stag Arms is a new name for an old company. Google there address and then google Colts address and do a directions to. Funny how close they are huh? The old company owned by the father was and still is a major parts supplier to Colt. The son who bought it wanted to enter into the market but as his own company hence the name change. Also the S&W AR's are Stag guns built under license with S&W.

Oh and another nugget of knowledge, Connecticut Stamp and Spring does everybody's LPK minus the trigger, selector and hammer.

SF-

17. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

+1 on the nose

18. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

CMT makes both Stag and RRA parts.

They'll be basically the same rifle.

RRA will give you more options (Barrels, gas systems, etc.)

19. hsullyc

hsullyc North coast,Nehalem,OR Member

+2 nice rifle,good deal...

20. sinco54

sinco54 Portland OR Member

I have a DTI and DPMS built AR15.. its WAAAY nice then my ISSUE M16A2 ever thought of being..