Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Wanna learn to hunt

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by TrustInFew, Sep 16, 2012.

1. TrustInFew

TrustInFew Parkrose, oregon New Member

So, I am a skilled shooter, was raised shooting guns, and was brought up at the gun club shooting trap. I love fishing for fall chinook with my family on the Columbia, but there is one thing missing. Hunting. I have never been.

I would love to find someone that is willing to teach me the ropes. Any one here willing to?

2. sneakboxer

sneakboxer NW OR Active Member

If you want to canoe the Columbia for ducks this fall let me know. All you would need is a license, stamp, shot gun w/steel shot, and waders. A short mile paddle and we will have birds. Being an east coast transplant deer/elk hunting is still kicking my butt. Ducks on the other hand i got kinda figured out.
    But be careful, its addicting.

3. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

How about a little more info about yourself and what it is you want to hunt? squirrels or elk?
    I would be glad to help you if I can.

4. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Lived here all my life, been hunting for 16 years and at the end of the season I almost always feel like I got a good butt kicking

5. TrustInFew

Honestly, any type of hunting, I want to learn as much as possible

6. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I am also interested in learning the tricks of the trade as well this year. I have purchased the sports pac license, so I am interested in any type of hunt opportunities. Please anyone let me know if they are willing to mentor a new hunter!

7. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

Maybe we should setup a meet.

8. TrustInFew

That would be way cool. I was looking at the hunting trips at a place in Monmouth last night. It's just quail, but it sounds like a good way to get experience. But if we could set up a group to go out with some people that want to learn to hunt, maybe even go up near the trash and go look for coyotes that would be cool. I have seen plenty up there but they were out of range.