JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well crap... i may not be able to get a pistol today, but I may as well buy a red coffee maker... can't help but stop by the counter tho. ;)

GF only likes the single cup brewers, the one that does not use a K-cup. It does make better coffee, but not that much better. A press is necessary for the best coffee.
I used to own a coffee shop here in Vancouver and you are correct!

Love 'em or hate 'em, I think that you really need to hand it to the Germans for engineering excellence.
:eek:

ub-110-control-room-german-submarine-1918.jpg

Well crap... i may not be able to get a pistol today, but I may as well buy a red coffee maker... can't help but stop by the counter tho. ;)

GF only likes the single cup brewers, the one that does not use a K-cup. It does make better coffee, but not that much better. A press is necessary for the best coffee.

If your looking for a way to make a really nice coffee, like a weekly pre-brunch treat coffee. Check out aeropress.

Bed bath and beyond stores usually carry them. Makes a really good espresso type concentrate, but no creama, that you can then bump up to americano. All plastic, handy for camping as well.

Depending on the beans and grind used, can rival an umpteen thousand dollar coffee shop machine. Think they run about $30, with a few hundred filters.

Mmmmm...

Edit: yup still $30.

AeroPress® Coffee & Espresso Maker

Depending on what the pistol is going to be used for, a robust trigger pull may not be a huge issue. If I'm trying to replicate Gene Wilder's shot into that fake town in Blazing Saddles, then I want something like my well worn S&W686. With the hammer back, it breaks like an icicle. But if it's a SHTF emergency at self-defense distance, I won't notice if the pull on a pocket pistol is 6, 8, or even 12 pounds. And I'll be glad it's not 2 or 3.

Mags stubborn and difficult to load? Uplula.
UpLULA™ – 9mm to 45ACP universal pistol mag loader
It's a bit pricey, but their pistol (and subgun) mag loader/unloader works like a champ with all brands of single- and double-stack magazines.

I still have an old Kel-Tec 9mm which is pretty much the same pistol. That trigger as others have mentioned is the safety. I like it since It was bought for coat pocket carry. I used to use a 5 shot .38 for this. When last one went with one kid I went to replace it and was talked into the P-11. This was pre internet days for me. Had seen them and price scared me away. So I bought one and headed back to the range and damn if it didn't work. So 11 rounds of 9mm in the same size package as 5 of .38. Later bought a couple of their .32's and a .380, all for pocket carry. Trigger does suck but it's all relative to carry mode. Wife bought a Ruger LCPII because of the great trigger. Could NOT handle the pistol so it became mine and I do love the trigger but, it meant no more pocket carry with no holster. So it's all a trade off.

:confused:Glock: Austrian
:eek:Sig: Swiss
etc
:cool:but who's counting

From what I understand on my Sig history is after 1970 they were German, ?
So its kinda both according to Sigs history page.
By the 1970s, SIG's small arms division was expanding to include Hämmerli Target Arms from Lenzburg, Switzerland, and J.P. Sauer & Sohn, GmbH, of Eckernförde, West Germany, known worldwide for their hunting rifles. In the 1980s, SIG set its sights on the United States of America. The American market was a vital part of SIG's business plan to continue to expand its market share and become an international leader in the small arms industry.

In 1992, SIG began production of the P229® in .40 S&W. Besides importing the SIG Sauer line of pistols, SIGARMS offered customer service from highly qualified gunsmiths in the reputable service department and state-of-the-art training at a separate training facility on 128 acres in Epping, New Hampshire. SIGARMS continued to expand its firearm lines with the Sauer rifle line and the Hämmerli line of target pistols and rifles.

It seems somewhere around 2000 most everything was in the states. Ive only owned a Pre-Ban LE SigP229 so was interesting read.

I understand completely. I have a shovel, rake, weed eater and other assorted yard tools that don't fit my hands. I have quit using them!
LOL, I have to remember that one. I recently took Wife's jeep in for an oil change. The filter on that little beast is damn near impossible to get at. I got too damn tired of it this time I just took it to a shop. She was surprised I paid that much for it. Next time it's due I will say the wrench I need no longer fits my hand so I have to have the shop do it.

If your looking for a way to make a really nice coffee, like a weekly pre-brunch treat coffee. Check out aeropress.

Bed bath and beyond stores usually carry them. Makes a really good espresso type concentrate, but no creama, that you can then bump up to americano. All plastic, handy for camping as well.

Depending on the beans and grind used, can rival an umpteen thousand dollar coffee shop machine. Think they run about $30, with a few hundred filters.

Mmmmm...

Edit: yup still $30.

AeroPress® Coffee & Espresso Maker
That would make a good gift for my GF, she loves devices like that.
I'm just into drip, but have been getting my caffeine from energy drinks. I think I'll change that today and go get a drip pot. I'm just too simple and lazy for all the fancy coffee makers!

That would make a good gift for my GF, she loves devices like that.
I'm just into drip, but have been getting my caffeine from energy drinks. I think I'll change that today and go get a drip pot. I'm just too simple and lazy for all the fancy coffee makers!
I'd say it'd serve you well to quit the energy drinks, friend!

You want a good cup of coffee it's all about pour over, imo.

My OCD buddy of the last 50+ years, insists only his version of French Press style, based on his meticulous bringing-water-to-boil process, makes drinkable coffee. Yes, he uses only the proper kettle plus a timer AND a thermometer just to get the water 'hot enough'.....etc.

While I've tried it a few times as made in his very kitchen, the pitifully feeble mild flavor yet annoyingly oily character of the liquid lacks the bold & dusty chewiness of the style I prefer.

Besides, he was busted by our little group at last outing: he was talking up how well the Starbuck double-mocha-double something something was replacing his usual.

We all fell into a magnificent unplanned BRAZZZZT!!! to his insane gibberish.

He actually was surprised to see none was interested in his ironic blasphemy.
I told him 'coffee' is NOT a condiment. He was crushed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top