JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite cerakote color is Titanium Blue. I've got 3 Glocks sporting slides in that beautiful color!
I have never considered the color of a firearm except for this one. I carry my revolvers or pistols concealed. If, God forbid, I should ever have to draw and fire it, my assailant will only see the red fireball just before it gets permanently dark.

So, my lovely bride sent me to Bi-Mart to purchase another coffee maker. It seems that I tend to wear them out after three pots a day for a year and a half. After picking out a red Mr. Coffee and putting it in my shopping cart (I'm old and lean on them like a walker) I headed over to the sporting goods area. Well, I see that they had 525 round Federal .22 hollow points for$19.xx, so I bought a box of those and then went to the handgun case. There, in all it's radiant glory sits a pastel blue 9MM! I think to myself, "Who would want to carry a blue handgun? Perhaps a female or one of those I'm not sure of my gender folks?" Then I saw the price tag.......$199.00! A closer look showed that it was manufactured by SCCY (pronounced "Sky") and was their DAO model CPX-2.
As a former Marine Gunnery Sargent, I would not be caught dead sporting a blue pistol. I mentioned that to the nice lady behind the counter. She said that they also had a few black one. You don't say!
I already own a Glock 19 ( I think that everyone does) and an assortment of .380's, etc. But I could use one for a truck gun! Now that I have rationalized buying yet another handgun, I told the gal to bring it out and sell it to me.
I cautioned her that I was not a gang-banger or drug user and that I was a citizen of these here United States, but I still wanted to purchase that itty-bitty hand cannon. Half an hour later I took ten rounds out of my extra Clock mag and loaded up a mag for the Sky. It kind of reminds me of a Kel-Tec that I own.
So, today, my dog, my Glock and a bunch of ammo, went to my favorite outdoor shooting area and proceeded to "break-in" the newest member of the arsenal. All things considered, it's a nice little gun. At $218.00 (I live in the great state of liberal Washington, where our sales tax just keeps going up and up) and for that kind of money you can barely have a nice dinner with a fat girl, let alone own a very concealable, lightweight, 10 shot (two magazines) 9MM. Oh and it comes with a lifetime, no questions asked guarantee that follows the gun, not the original buyer. Anyone else own one of these?

I've had one for years. Only one stove pipe and that was after around 400 rounds into a torcher test.

Maybe 1500 rounds thru the gun of all different types.

Florida made and lifetime unlimited warranty.

Can't beat $200 once the quality is factored in.

Decent size and price. I had one for awhile but yuck that trigger, gotta ride that thing out before it resets. Takes a minute to get used if you come from other polymer wonder 9's. Ergos were alright as was the size over all. Perfect pocket gun or back up to a back up.

Basically a belly gun, can be alright out to 10 yards or so but I wouldn't really expect lots of marksmanship out further.
Unfortunately, the trigger in mine hit an issue where sometimes it would fire and other times it wouldn't when pulling back. Became unreliable so I ended up returning it in favor of a M&P Shield.

Ever since then i've decide I wouldn't go lower than maybe a SDV9E or Walther Creed or one of them Canik pistols if I were to get a budget range gat.

Well, I'll just have to get a colorful one just for the fun of it! ;)

If I was going to buy a polymer gun, I would want a grey frame. I could swing a midnight blue pistol for CC, or just to throw under a car seat. Tho I've decided to avoid safety colors like orange, yellow and red... too risky.

Depending on what the pistol is going to be used for, a robust trigger pull may not be a huge issue. If I'm trying to replicate Gene Wilder's shot into that fake town in Blazing Saddles, then I want something like my well worn S&W686. With the hammer back, it breaks like an icicle. But if it's a SHTF emergency at self-defense distance, I won't notice if the pull on a pocket pistol is 6, 8, or even 12 pounds. And I'll be glad it's not 2 or 3.

Mags stubborn and difficult to load? Uplula.
UpLULA™ – 9mm to 45ACP universal pistol mag loader
It's a bit pricey, but their pistol (and subgun) mag loader/unloader works like a champ with all brands of single- and double-stack magazines.

Last Edited:
Our Mr Coffee 4 cup coffee maker has been with us for at least 10 YEARS. At least one pot per day. Sometimes 2 pots on long days. The switch on the front has failed but in the operating position. We just plug in and pull out the wall plug. The darn thing still works. We have a brand new spare on the pantry shelf, (protected and secured from earthquakes hopefully) but it is still in the box.

Back on topic HB of CJ Old Coot!! Guns should be black. Perhaps nickel or stainless. Prop or practice guns should be orange yellow or red. These new designer color firearms kinda concern me. How do kids know the difference? How would I know the difference? Duhh. We also have an air popper pop corn maker at least 10 years old. Works and works. Are we just lucky with electric appliances?

I think you are pretty safe buying earth tone colors, but I understand the inherent danger of choosing a color that resembles a toy too similarly.
For that matter tho, there are plenty of toy guns that look very similar to actual firearms. I've pulled out a couple softair guns I've had and people sometimes ask if it is "real"... to which the joke is always "yes, it shoots 6mm BB's at 300-400fps and is battery/spring operated"

This is a serious default on the part of our local store.....we have NO 'red Mr. Coffee' models on hand there.....

After a couple decades working thru a host of the high priced toidey models, some of which would automatically grind to spec & brew to preset routine, all would fail dismally and to horrific early deaths. Mr. Coffee turns drinkable cup in without financial spread sheets or IT programming training. And for around $20, ours usually lasts about 2 1/2 years or until 'somehow' the glass carafe breaks....and for the little extra we can buy the WHOLE machine rather than just the glass part....

so 'red' is now on their retail line, eh???

This is a serious default on the part of our local store.....we have NO 'red Mr. Coffee' models on hand there.....

After a couple decades working thru a host of the high priced toidey models, some of which would automatically grind to spec & brew to preset routine, all would fail dismally and to horrific early deaths. Mr. Coffee turns drinkable cup in without financial spread sheets or IT programming training. And for around $20, ours usually lasts about 2 1/2 years or until 'somehow' the glass carafe breaks....and for the little extra we can buy the WHOLE machine rather than just the glass part....

so 'red' is now on their retail line, eh???
Yes, it's in their lineup. I should have bought the blue pistol just to lay on the counter with the red coffee maker! My better half has a Kuerig and only drinks that dark roast stuff. She claims that my coffee isn't suitable for civilized folks. Humph!

I think you are pretty safe buying earth tone colors, but I understand the inherent danger of choosing a color that resembles a toy too similarly.
For that matter tho, there are plenty of toy guns that look very similar to actual firearms. I've pulled out a couple softair guns I've had and people sometimes ask if it is "real"... to which the joke is always "yes, it shoots 6mm BB's at 300-400fps and is battery/spring operated"
I bought a fully automatic replica of an MP40 from Pyramid Air. It weighs the same and is made of steel and some plastic. It will fire a 56 round mag very quickly. The thing shoots regular .177 cal BB's.

Our Mr Coffee 4 cup coffee maker has been with us for at least 10 YEARS. At least one pot per day. Sometimes 2 pots on long days. The switch on the front has failed but in the operating position. We just plug in and pull out the wall plug. The darn thing still works. We have a brand new spare on the pantry shelf, (protected and secured from earthquakes hopefully) but it is still in the box.

Back on topic HB of CJ Old Coot!! Guns should be black. Perhaps nickel or stainless. Prop or practice guns should be orange yellow or red. These new designer color firearms kinda concern me. How do kids know the difference? How would I know the difference? Duhh. We also have an air popper pop corn maker at least 10 years old. Works and works. Are we just lucky with electric appliances?
It seems that everything built today has planned obsolescence built into it. Congratulation on having a couple of small appliances that have "lived" this long.

Depending on what the pistol is going to be used for, a robust trigger pull may not be a huge issue. If I'm trying to replicate Gene Wilder's shot into that fake town in Blazing Saddles, then I want something like my well worn S&W686. With the hammer back, it breaks like an icicle. But if it's a SHTF emergency at self-defense distance, I won't notice if the pull on a pocket pistol is 6, 8, or even 12 pounds. And I'll be glad it's not 2 or 3.

Mags stubborn and difficult to load? Uplula.
UpLULA™ – 9mm to 45ACP universal pistol mag loader
It's a bit pricey, but their pistol (and subgun) mag loader/unloader works like a champ with all brands of single- and double-stack magazines.
I ordered one this morning after looking at the huge dent in my thumb!

Decent size and price. I had one for awhile but yuck that trigger, gotta ride that thing out before it resets. Takes a minute to get used if you come from other polymer wonder 9's. Ergos were alright as was the size over all. Perfect pocket gun or back up to a back up.

Basically a belly gun, can be alright out to 10 yards or so but I wouldn't really expect lots of marksmanship out further.
Unfortunately, the trigger in mine hit an issue where sometimes it would fire and other times it wouldn't when pulling back. Became unreliable so I ended up returning it in favor of a M&P Shield.

Ever since then i've decide I wouldn't go lower than maybe a SDV9E or Walther Creed or one of them Canik pistols if I were to get a budget range gat.
I am mindful that pistols and revolvers are strictly for self defense. I was a radio operator during the Vietnam war and my TOE weapon was a .45. I quickly picked up a rifle from the battlefield and carried both of them. Our platoon Sgt. was taking fire from a VC about 75 yards away (it was across a rice paddy) and it was obvious that it was a pistol (it turned out to be a .45 taken from a helicopter crewman). The Sgt. simply walked back and forth on the paddy dike (eratic,halting and then a few quick steps) until Mr. Charles ran out of ammo and started running. Our Sgt. fired a single round from his M-14 and that was the end of the gunfight.

Well crap... i may not be able to get a pistol today, but I may as well buy a red coffee maker... can't help but stop by the counter tho. ;)

GF only likes the single cup brewers, the one that does not use a K-cup. It does make better coffee, but not that much better. A press is necessary for the best coffee.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top