JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, my lovely bride sent me to Bi-Mart to purchase another coffee maker. It seems that I tend to wear them out after three pots a day for a year and a half. After picking out a red Mr. Coffee and putting it in my shopping cart (I'm old and lean on them like a walker) I headed over to the sporting goods area. Well, I see that they had 525 round Federal .22 hollow points for$19.xx, so I bought a box of those and then went to the handgun case. There, in all it's radiant glory sits a pastel blue 9MM! I think to myself, "Who would want to carry a blue handgun? Perhaps a female or one of those I'm not sure of my gender folks?" Then I saw the price tag.......$199.00! A closer look showed that it was manufactured by SCCY (pronounced "Sky") and was their DAO model CPX-2.
As a former Marine Gunnery Sargent, I would not be caught dead sporting a blue pistol. I mentioned that to the nice lady behind the counter. She said that they also had a few black one. You don't say!
I already own a Glock 19 ( I think that everyone does) and an assortment of .380's, etc. But I could use one for a truck gun! Now that I have rationalized buying yet another handgun, I told the gal to bring it out and sell it to me.
I cautioned her that I was not a gang-banger or drug user and that I was a citizen of these here United States, but I still wanted to purchase that itty-bitty hand cannon. Half an hour later I took ten rounds out of my extra Clock mag and loaded up a mag for the Sky. It kind of reminds me of a Kel-Tec that I own.
So, today, my dog, my Glock and a bunch of ammo, went to my favorite outdoor shooting area and proceeded to "break-in" the newest member of the arsenal. All things considered, it's a nice little gun. At $218.00 (I live in the great state of liberal Washington, where our sales tax just keeps going up and up) and for that kind of money you can barely have a nice dinner with a fat girl, let alone own a very concealable, lightweight, 10 shot (two magazines) 9MM. Oh and it comes with a lifetime, no questions asked guarantee that follows the gun, not the original buyer. Anyone else own one of these?

Blue good lord I would never own a blue handgun. Now a Red Rifle thats different.

h0Asbzk.jpg

LOL

I was in a local store looking at handguns a couple years back and there was 2 people there that worked for SCCY. They were asking the guy behind the counter to see all the SCCY pistols they had there. It was 2 guys dressed in slacks and button ups. They were openly talking about a certain issue people were having with the pistols and were there to look over the ones being sold. Not sure what the issue was but they seemed to be actively trying to get ahead of the issue which was promising. Other than that I've heard mixed things about them. Some good, some not so good. But if you get a good reliable one it's hard to beat for the price.

Sounds like two good days, back to back!
Day One:
You go to the store to get a Mr. Coffee to keep you full of piss and vinegar.
You stock up on 22 ammo at close to 2009 prices.
There's a pocket pistol there, looks like it belongs in a fruitcake -- but wait! It comes in evil black!
Like a cheap date, it goes home with you.
Ignoring the $20 that went to Olympia, hopefully you and the Mrs. had a good dinner out.​
Day Two:
You, your dog, sunny blue skies, and lots of rounds down range.
Turns out, that cheap date is a keeper. Hope the Mrs. ain't jealous! :D

What's not to like about that one? :)

I first heard about Sccy when my kid came home with one a handful of years ago. I assume it worked, but he ended up getting rid of it. (not surprising, the kid doesn't keep anything)
I am not considering buying one, it would be interesting to see what they are all about.
I'm not likely to carry a "colored" handgun, but my wife loves this gun and bought it because of the color. g43.jpg

I had not heard of them until a member here brought them up a while back. IIRC they were started by people who worked for Kel-Tec. Price has gone up some since they first hit but they still make a VERY nice entry pistol. I have heard very good things about them considering the price point. While I have not shot one yet I do recommend them to anyone on a tight budget who wants a gun.

Does it look like these ? I have only heard second hand on them from a friend. Curious about reliability and such.

Congrats on your new pistol and sounds like you had a good day.

SCCY_About_HowWeGotHere.jpg

I can see how it would be more stable using a shopping cart rather than a walker to lean against when shooting. Good idea. Just curious, you did pack the shopping cart back out with you when you finished shooting, right?

;)

Mike

SCCY's are entirely manufactured in house from sourced bar stock, or so I recall from a segment on American Rifleman awhile back...

They seem like pretty solid little 9mm's, not bad at 10+1 for the size package...

I've kicked around the idea, for a couple hundred, might be worth seriously looking at...

Tells story about seeing the blue pistol but details how he actually bought a black version of it...

Has blue pistol sitting in holster on hip!

;)

SCCY's are entirely manufactured in house from sourced bar stock, or so I recall from a segment on American Rifleman awhile back...

They seem like pretty solid little 9mm's, not bad at 10+1 for the size package...

I've kicked around the idea, for a couple hundred, might be worth seriously looking at...
They are not without their problems. The magazines are hard to load until the springs are broken in and there have been reports about the frame pins working their way out. But, they have that great warranty!

Why bother with plastic if you're just going to make it look parkerized / black...
All I want is metal!

Hood buy tho! I'll have to look into one. What caliber is it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top