JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well it's tax time again and I'm itching for something new. Im looking for a "pocket" gun but I don't really want anything in a .380 or a revolver and am seriously concidering a Walther PPS probably in 9mm. I would like to hear some opinions from anybody that has 1 or that has at least got to play with 1.

I have one. It's an interesting little handgun. I think the trigger could be better but its accuracy was good and in 9mm (I have no idea about .40 S&W) it was easy to control to get back on target for follow up shots. I like it.

My friend shot it and told me that with the slim frame he felt more perceived recoil than he is used to from his much bigger and heavier Beretta 92. However, after a few mags, he really took to it.

The things to consider with the PPS are it's still fairly new so night sights are difficult to find for it (Tooltech will do a custom work for you but supposedly a company is coming out with a factory set) and currently extra mags are expensive and also difficult to find.

I shot a friends' PPS in 9mm and really enjoyed it. Not much recoil IMHO and it was more accurate than I expected with the shorter barrel. I'd buy one but in the .40, just hoping the recoil wouldn't be out of control since I prefer that caliber better for CC.

Just my two pennies

I've had mine (9mm) for about a month. No problems whatsoever. It is my daily carry. I wouldn't consider it a pocket gun myself. I'd been carrying a G26 which, though obviously a higher capacity, I found still on the thick side. For the first time I really feel like I have a pistol I can comfortably carry IWB. I have a Don Hume IWB that works great, and also a Ryan Grizzle City Slicker and both are very good, comfortable holsters. I did not perceive any uncomfortable felt-recoil. Easily back on target. I think some earlier models had an issue with the slide locking back and not returning to battery, but believe that has been worked out. Mags are harder to come by, though I got my spare from Midway within a week of ordering it on backorder. I have zero regrets.

I went and handled the PPS again tonight along with a G26 and even a Ruger LCR. Now I'm even more torn...I like the slim profile of the PPS but I wish it was a little shorter. I liked the shorter frame of the G26 but it's a little fat for what I'm looking for. I wasn't interested in a revolver but the LCR is a nice little piece, comfortable size & very light but it only holds 5 rounds. I'm so confused!!!

Antbody got any other suggestions?????

Here is an option that is not for everyone and is definitely an acquired taste...Milsurp P64. Fires a 9mmM round and is about the size of a Walther PPK. Has a lot of kick but is accurate and fun to shoot. I have owned mine for over a year and really enjoy it. They can be found on line for about $200 in very good shape with two 6 round magazines.

I've got two of them: one in 9mm and the other in .40 S&W. I enjoy them both, though I spend more time with the 9mm than I do with the .40 S&W; the 9mm is just easier on the hand during a long day at the range. I don't mind the trigger at all, though I prefer the AS version of the P99 -- but no matter; the trigger is no issue for me. As with all true Walther products, the PPS is elegantly designed, as accurate as my hand and eye allow, and as reliable as a fine-running watch. It's also incredibly easy to conceal. If that sounds like a ringing endorsement of a fine handgun, then I guess it is at that.