JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering a future purchase of a PPS, but I haven't even held one yet. Should I bother trying to find one?

If you've had any experience with them, please let me know - good or bad.

Thanks!

I've never shot one, but I've held them many times (Clackamas Gun Broker has them, Keith's has them)

I like the size, since it is a single stack it is nice and slim. I think it is a good CCW... I am tempted to buy one too :)

Last time I was at gun broker in king city they had one in 40 S&W. Its about the same size as Glock 23 but thinner. There cool, definitely hold one before you buy it, it wasn't for me. Because its single stack it only holds like 7 give or take, not sure. Definitely worth considering for CHL.

I had one but it just did not work out for me. It was not a bad gun; it just did not fit my hand. The grip was too thin and elongated from front to back. It made for a really uncomfortable and unnatural feeling ft in my hand. Because of this I had a hard time becoming accurate with it. I ended up trading it for a Kahr CW9 and have never regretted it. The Kahr is just as thin but the grip is not as elongated and fits my hand so much better.

I have been looking for a concealed carry gun and think I have decided on the PPS. I have handled one and love the feeling for a compact gun. The only thing that will take some getting used to is the mag release.

The only issue that I see at this point is that I would prefer the .40 over the 9mm but I keep on hearing about more issues with the .40 than the 9mm. It sounds like plenty of people have .40s that have no issues, but there are some and I haven't heard of many issues at all with the 9mm.

At this point I think I am going to get the 9mm.

I went back and forth between a Walther and a Sig in .380. I ended up getting the sig. Both were pretty much the same size. But the Sig felt better in the hand. Would suggest going to a range and seeing what they have in the rental department on the range. See which ones you like the best.

Went to the Gun Broker Clackamas yesterday and checked out quite a few.

The PPS is not for me. Is thin, but almost too thin. All I could feel when I held it was the front and back of the grip. Not comfortable. I think it was too square. The same thing goes for the Taurus 709. They almost felt the exact same.

I never got a chance to hold the Kahr; they were too busy. And they didn't have the compact XD. Would have loved to try that.

Anyway, all my questions have been answered.

Andy

P.S. I have the Sig232 and love it - will never get rid of it. Its just not what I want to leave in the car or carry around much (expensive, stainless and bright).

I'm referring to the PPS 9mm. It also comes in .40.

I think someone else was comparing it to the Sig 380, maybe thinking I was talking about a PPK, which I'm not. The Sig is way better than both anyway.

I did want to look into a P99 too, but Gun Broker Clackamas didn't have one of those either. I love my P22, so I imagine the P99 would be as good.

Whatever I get will be replacing the NIB P89 I have - way too big for my hands.

I own a P9 and like it very much....if it wasn't for the goofy mag release on the PPS, I would have purchased it over the P9. I shot a bud's PPS and it was without a doubt, for me, the most accurate compact 9 I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. Shooting 1 ragged hole groups at 18 ft was almost too easy....but....STUPID, hard to manipulate mag release.

I own two Walther PPS models: one in 9mm and one in .40 S&W. Both are wonderfully reliable and accurate firearms, easy to conceal and carry. In my estimation, the PPS is as good a carry piece as anything on the market at any price. Of course, the gun has to fit your hand and eye to be effective for you. But Walther makes the real deal, by and large, and is well worth your consideration.

That's pretty good advice, FF. I've carried a PPK/S for years and still consider it as my primary carry gun. I've been working with the two PPS models for a year or so, breaking them in and getting comfortable with them. Both are excellent pistols, but neither one has convinced me at this stage to give up on the PPK/S. It's probably becasuse I've carried one for years, can take it apart and assemble it in the dark, shoot it better than anything else I own, and am just comfortable with it -- it's more like an old friend than a mere tool. But at some point, the PPS is going to take its place. I'm giving up too much horsepower carrying the .380, and I know it. And I must say that the more I work with the PPS, especially the 9mm model, the more I like it.

I've had both.
The PPK/S was tempermental b:tchy little thing that wouldn't eat but two brands of hollowpoint ammo...even after a thourough ramp polish. BUt it was a solid pistol with decent ergonomics when it wasn't biting the webbing between my thumb and index finger....my first PPK was more refined but still couldn't handle hollowpoint reliably.
The PPS has a quirky fit for some but it's significantly more comfortable to carry and shoot and it's pretty accurate ut of the box...best of all, it has eaten every round I've fed it.
For concealed carry it's always a toss-up between my PPS in 9 and my S&W 360 PD...usually the 360 wins on weight alone.
My opinion, like most here, is worth everything you've paid for it-nothing!
Cheers,
Jorge

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top