Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Walther PPS Range Report

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by SynapticSilence, Nov 22, 2014.

1. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

I took my new Walter PPS 9mm, an anniversary present from my awesome wife, out to Wolverton Mountain Gun Club today for the first time. It was awesome. The PPS has a 3.2" barrel, is only .9" wide, weighs in at 1.3 pounds, and comes new with one 7-round and one 8-round magazine. Both mags enable a full three-finger grip. Sights are excellent 3-dot sights with a variety of night sights available. I cleaned and lubed it as usual, then ran 100 American Eagle 124gr FMJ and 48 Federal Premium 124gr Hydra Shok JHP rounds through it without a single failure of any kind. Recoil was extremely light for its weight and ergonomics were excellent. I was shooting at a 7.5" pistol target at 10 yards. Except for two fliers north and south (totally my fault), all the rest were on target with the huge majority in the black. I was totally impressed since this was my first time with the pistol and because it's a concealed carry pistol with a 3.2" barrel. Definitely my new favorite carry piece after one more range trip just to make sure it holds true for another 150 rounds or so. I'm pretty happy. Mainly for having a wife who gives me guns. How cool is that? 90FFF13A-B68B-4739-A3E8-1CC9E11D74CF_zpsmdybbgmz.jpg
    29F4E1EF-F003-47B1-8455-DF1FC4371663_zpsy3zvqpjh.jpg