JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She is going to be very happy with it. Glad she found a color she liked.

She mostly carries her Ruger LCR in a purse :confused: because it is lighter and simpler. But she takes the Walther PK380 to the "Big City" because more bullets are better and faster reloads.

She handled the S&W M&P Shield 380EZ and liked it. If they sell a instant on laser for the 380EZ she may sell the Walther for it. Of course after I bought the Walther laser and several extra magazines for it o_O

She ordered one for herself
View attachment 297411
There is no way that I am going to be borrowing that. Clever girl.

LOL, I had a pink car.

She mostly carries her Ruger LCR in a purse :confused: because it is lighter and simpler. But she takes the Walther PK380 to the "Big City" because more bullets are better and faster reloads.

She handled the S&W M&P Shield 380EZ and liked it. If they sell a instant on laser for the 380EZ she may sell the Walther for it. Of course after I bought the Walther laser and several extra magazines for it o_O

I do the same thing. My 9mm Walther goes with me on long trips and I carry something smaller as *sigh* I am small.

I vote for telling her to get the M&P Shield and keep the Walther too. Just because you get a new gun doesn't mean you have to get rid of the old one. ;)

LOL, I had a pink car.

I do the same thing. My 9mm Walther goes with me on long trips and I carry something smaller as *sigh* I am small.

I vote for telling her to get the M&P Shield and keep the Walther too. Just because you get a new gun doesn't mean you have to get rid of the old one. ;)

At least it wasn't hot pink, my love. :p

:s0122:

We gotta see this!:D:p:D

Thanks, but I have seen too many pictures and videos of broken SCCY pistols.

Good move staying away from that turd.

I wouldn't recommend either. I looked the CCP over pretty well a couple of months ago and altho it's a decent enough pistol, they've still got some kinks to work out. It (the CCP) and the PK380 and PK22 are made by Umarex...not my go-to guys for a serious defensive pistol. Look at a PPS. The PPS M2 has the American-style mag release, and they're the Walther quality you'd expect.

The PPS M2 would be my choice as well

:s0122:

We gotta see this!:D:p:D

giphy.gif

I have both and prefer the PK380. I don't like how the CCP feels or shoots. It is supposed to have "soft recoil" but I think it's one of the worst of all my guns. It's not for me....however your wife may love it. Best thing is to have here try shooting both and compare. It's an individual preference.

More or less agree on the CCP.

I got one for my daughter who has problems with the slide and recoil of any semi-auto pistol due to medical issues.

I shot the CCP myself and noticed no difference in recoil compared to a Glock 19 or Kahr PM9, and the G19 is a compact vs. sub-compact so racking the slide is easier compared to a sub-compact like the PM9. I got her a Five Seven and PS90 instead.

Then there is the recall on the CCP.

Then there is the recall on the CCP
I revisited the CCP last night and learned that a "NEW AND IMPROVED!" version has been out since earlier this year... tool-less takedown, better quality, issues reportedly fixed.
I'll stand by my harsh judgment of Walthers not made in and proofed at Ulm until I learn otherwise (if it doesn't have the stag antler proof mark, no thank you), but I'm open to a sh*tbird company (like Umarex) attempting to save a legendary brand from becoming a punchline. They've done a pretty spectacular job of diluting Walther as a brand and ruining the family name in just a few short years. They managed to go from, "Bond... James Bond" to, "45... Gecko 45" in a shorter span than FG was able to ruin Remington AND Marlin, and that's saying something.

Thanks a pantload, Umarex, for giving me the opportunity to explain to noobs that MY Walther P99s, PPSses, and PPQs aren't from that Walther, they're from the good Walther...

I'm going back to HKs and SiGs (nonononoo... W German SiGs, not NH SiGs)... fer cryin' out loud, this is irritating.

Last Edited:
Yes the PK380 is made by Umarex and feels cheap like an air pistol. The double action trigger is too long, but you can half cock, more like 1/10 cock, it which brings the trigger back enough to be comfortable. The single action trigger is good and you can carry the PK380 cocked with the hammer block safety engaged.

Pros: Long DA trigger helps prevent negligent discharges,
Good SA trigger
Easy to pinkie rack the slide
Low recoil
Molded grip fits your hand
Second strike capability

Cons: also the Long DA trigger pull
The backwards safety "up" for fire,
Paddle magazine release
No slide lock/release button, only locks back on an empty magazine
Unique tool needed for take down
Grip feels like cheap plastic compared to other poly pistols