JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all. I bought my wife a PK380 about a month ago and just got back from the range after it's maiden shoot.

This gun has issues. Maybe they are easy to fix/remedy - so I wanted to post them here to see if any one has nay ideas.

I was using Winchester White Box Ammo (95gr). I used two separate 100. I had MULTIPLE fail to feed, fail to fire, and fail to return to battery. Biggest problem was the failure to return to battery. On several rounds it would fire, eject the shell, insert a new shell in the barrel, but stop about 1/2 from close. A little push of my hand would close it and she would fire again.

Several misfires were experienced. I fired a round, click no bang, the gun was returned to double action, I just pulled the trigger again (full pull) and she fired...

Not sure what the problem is, but I am pretty frustrated at this gun right now. It was bought brand new about a month ago and this is the first time it's been shot. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Did you field strip it and do a thorough cleaning Before you shot it?

My wife had a pk380 and we Loved it. Fun little gun, and not a single issue.

We only fired blazer brass, PMC, and federal through it, so can't comment on the WWB.

Have you tried any other ammo?

I'd say give it a thorough cleaning, put a tiny dab of grease on the rails, rack the slide to work it in, make sure to clean the magazines also, then take it out and try it again.

Don't know what else to say.

Stay Safe.

Yep, first thing I did when I got it was to take it apart and clean it. I am a heavy believer in oiling it thoroughly - I use gun butter. I didn't clean the magazine, but that should not have been necessary after a simple factory test fire. I bought it new. I am breaking it all down now and cleaning it thoroughly...again...and then I'll lube it up and take it back to the range tomorrow or Wednesday to try it out again. Needless to say I am not too happy so far...

Wow, sorry to hear that it is not functioning properly.

Gun butter is some pretty good stuff from what I've heard. I use "slide Glide" on mine, but they both get the job done.

Do you think you can get a different brand of ammo and try that as well?

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Good luck.

Stay Safe.

Do you think you can get a different brand of ammo and try that as well?

Yep, some guns just don't like some ammo, especially auto's. A wheel gun will shoot almost anything. If you're having trouble with one brand ammo try another.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I just finished cleaning her up again and oiling it real good. I do have some blazer ammo I'll try tomorrow as well. I'll post results when I am through. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll be sending it back to S&W!

I had similar problems with my 380 at first. I found that it was sensitive to the ammunition I used. I swapped the ammunition around various manufactures and found that the stuff from USA Ammo worked the best but after several hundred rounds it made no difference what I used as all worked just fine.

Except for the barrel ware at the top nose of the barrel I am very happy with my 380

Frank

Unfortunately - I didn't get to the range. The weather was too nice to be indoors :) It is, however, on my schedule. I did pick up two different boxes of ammo for it though - so now I have three different kinds of ammo to shoot tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I sure hope you do well with that pk. The tolerances on that Walther just won't let you play, "dirty". And they do come "dirty" from the factory. Preserving coat is applied. It may not look/feel like much but it has to seal out oxygen to work right and it turns to glue when heated, mixed with fire residue, dust, etc. Barrel/chamber interior is included. Therefore the sticking slide, shells, firing pin, "A dirty weapon means a dead soldier" still works.

Ok - This gun sucks! I am sorry - I generally don't make such strong statements - but I am thoroughly frustrated. Went to the range today and put another 200 rounds through it. A couple of observations/discoveries. First off - the gun was absolutely "eat off me" clean and then well oiled with gun butter. I then manually cycled the slide over 200 times. I used four different types of ammo - Federal, Blazer, Remington, and Winchester White Box (Flat nose).
1. It really does not like the flat nose WWB. Had fail to return to battery and fail to eject several times with that ammo.
2. It seems to like the Federal the best, but ran better with all three of these than it did with the WWB.
3. It is EXTREMELY susceptible to limp wristing. I am 5' 10" and 230 lbs so I am not small by any means. I hold this gun the same way I do all my others. That said, there is a VERY noticeable difference in reliability if I have a Klingon Death grip on it! You should not have to hold a weapon like this- in fact most experts say you don't want to - but there is no denying that if it is held very tight and steady - it fires most of the time.
4. Even with a tight grip - I still had some fail to return to battery and one fail to lock the slide back.

Looking at the gun dissassembled, I also see marks on the top of the barrel - as if the slide is dragging across it. Since I just bought it a month ago - I am sending it back to S&W. Hopefully they will be able to fix it. I appreciate all of the help guys.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top