JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Walther
Caliber
40 S&W
City
White City
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Walther P99 AS in .40 S&W (Gen 3 w/ long paddles). The P99 AS is a rare example of a striker-fired double action / single action (DA/SA) pistol and is a joy to shoot. It has a nice consistent double-action pull, a short 0.10" reset and a very light, crisp single-action. The single-action pull is essentially the same as the PPQ which is touted as one of the best factory striker-fired triggers on the market and the double-action makes it potentially a bit safer to carry, similar to a Sig Sauer or a DA revolver.

This pistol comes with 235 rounds of 165gr Gold Dot Hollow Points (in boxes and magazines) and 370 rounds of FMJ range ammo, Trijicon Bright & Tough 3-dot night sights installed, 2x 14rd magazines, 5x 12rd magazines (one has a little surface rust on the side) and 2x 10rd magazines that originally came with pistol (magazines will also work with PPQ M1), 1 leather IWB holster, 1 Serpa paddle holster and 2 kydex/leather hybrid holsters for use with a Streamlight TLR-1 (light not included). One is unused for IWB and the other is modified to be used OWB. Minor modifications made are a little bit of stippling on the front strap and where your support thumb contacts the frame while shooting. It's a good indexing point and adds a bit of grip. I also rounded the tip of the trigger a little to soften the profile and make it more comfortable. No functional or internal changes have been made.

Asking $1,150 for the pistol w/night sights, 9x magazines, 4x holsters and 600+ rds of defensive and range ammo. This is a great opportunity to get a full carry package during a time when ammo and magazines are scarce.
Asking $700 w/o ammo.
I'll handle the transfer.

I will also consider interesting trade and partial trade offers. I'm a bit interested in a Colt SP1 or a S&W 442 or a 340 without lock.

Just some notes:

Just found another 100rd box of Winchester - Picture of ammo is missing that box.

The decocker on the slide makes it unnecessary to pull the trigger during disassembly. Also, if you've never used the paddle magazine release on these, it's quite a bit faster and more ergonomic than the American push button style. I sincerely wish every pistol used this long paddle style of magazine release. If you have any questions about the AS trigger mechanism unique to this model, you can check wiki or I'm happy to answer any of those questions.

20210206_153625_resized(1).jpg 20201217_172606_resized(1).jpg 20201217_172005_resized(2).jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
These are amazing pistols. I know you're looking to get funds, but I'll be your Jiminy Cricket, as I almost did the same ( the .40 is just too hard on the hands). I instead opted to pick up the 9mm barrel from Jarvis, and couldn't be happier :)

Good luck, someone will love this!

These are amazing pistols. I know you're looking to get funds, but I'll be your Jiminy Cricket, as I almost did the same ( the .40 is just too hard on the hands). I instead opted to pick up the 9mm barrel from Jarvis, and couldn't be happier :)

Good luck, someone will love this!
Thanks. I hate to see it go but I already have a 9mm full size and a P99c. I know I'll regret it eventually.

Interesting to see that walther made some other models with the under the trigger guard magazine release... I have this on my walther ppk 9mm
Are you referring to the PPS? As far as I know, the PPK never had the paddle style magazine release but I'd love to see a picture if they did one. :)

Oops lol yep pps typed wrong one
Those are pretty great little guns too. I wish more manufacturers would embrace the paddle mag releases. With the push to make more truly ambidextrous pistols, the current trends of using the push button style that can be pushed from left or right usually leaves me dropping magazines accidentally. Not a fan. But the paddle style is faster, doesn't require you to break your grip and is much more difficult to depress accidentally. Glad you like your little PPS. I thought it was a shame that the PPS M2 got a fantastic grip but lost the paddles.

Last Edited:
Figure I'd try one more price drop for NWFA members before I consider selling the ammo separately. I'd also consider shipping and will look into the cost of that shortly. Thanks!

Interesting to see that walther made some other models with the under the trigger guard magazine release... I have this on my walther ppk 9mm
The previously mentioned PPS Classic (aka M1) and the PPQ M1 both had paddle mag releases.
There's no M1 variant for my 5" Q, but if there was l'd trade my M2 for it in a heartbeat... it's the odd man amongst my Walthers with its uppity button-thing.

There's no M1 variant for my 5" Q, but if there was l'd trade my M2 for it in a heartbeat... it's the odd man amongst my Walthers with its uppity button-thing.
Ah, but there is an M1 5" and an M1 Q5 Match. I think my M1 5" was a gunzonedeals.com exclusive and then the M1 Q5 was released in 2019. Looks like you have a purchase to make!
20210331_152210.jpg

Ah, but there is an M1 5" and an M1 Q5 Match. I think my M1 5" was a gunzonedeals.com exclusive and then the M1 Q5 was released in 2019. Looks like you have a purchase to make!
View attachment 851690
Yes, yes it does. Or at least something to keep an eye out for. I thought the 5" PPQ was released as an M2 variant only so l learned something today.
One of these days I'll find a nice deal on a Q5 Match... probably after the next version is released (if there is one).

Yes, yes it does. Or at least something to keep an eye out for. I thought the 5" PPQ was released as an M2 variant only so l learned something today.
One of these days I'll find a nice deal on a Q5 Match... probably after the next version is released (if there is one).
You're correct, it was originally released as an M2. I think after a ton of requests (including mine) they finally released the two other versions. I jumped on the 5" thinking that it'd likely be a limited production and that the Q5 wouldn't happen. Prior to that, they were willing to sell me the Q5 upper for something like $850 but even advised that I'd be better off buying an M1 and a Q5 and building it myself.

As far as the next version, that's the new PDP, also a push button.

As far as the next version, that's the new PDP, also a push button.
The PDP got largely panned here upon it's release... not so much that there was anything wrong with it, just that, ho hum, another rerelease of another already existing pistol w a few tweaks.

I personally like it... a LOT. I've wanted a non-threaded Q4 TAC since they were released and the PDP is pretty dang close.
OTOH... I'm pretty much over my (very short-lived) fascination with RMR equipped handguns so there may not be a point in spending that dough. A 4" PPQ M1 would fill the bill and save me a few bucks. As far as that goes... my full sized P99 and several other guns l already own fit into that slot too so maybe l should just buy a new vacuum cleaner or something.
HA!
Nope.

Lowered the pistol w/o ammo price and found another 100rd box of Winchester to add to the total package and I will cover the transfer for the total package.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.