JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a walther p22 last weekend for my wife as a starter gun. Does anyone have any opinions, or has one, or has had one in the past? Do you like it, or not like it. Any feedback would be appriciated.

Thanks

How funny Im from Tigard also and picked one up for my wife too! I have heard nothing but great things about this little gun. Cant wait to go out and waste a bunch of pop cans with it.

I have one. I love it and so does my wife. Shoots great with just about all ammo and is accurate as well. You will enjoy it I'm sure. I almost got another one just so that I could get some trigger time with it when my wife is with me

Make sure you tighten the threaded barrel, check the screw on the side to make sure that's tight too (the one on the right side of the feedramp.

Also use good high velocity rounds as it'll make it feed and function better and lastly keep it well lubed.

Enjoy and have fun.

I have one. I love it and so does my wife. Shoots great with just about all ammo and is accurate as well. You will enjoy it I'm sure. I almost got another one just so that I could get some trigger time with it when my wife is with me

Same experience with mine. I bought it so my wife could get into shooting and she loves it. It's accurate. I usually shoot CCI mini mags and have no problem with them. I've tried cheap ammo fromt he "brick" as well and didn't have any jams. I shot some Stinger rounds through it and it was great, amazing how much louder it is with stingers.

Glad I pulled a search before I posted a new thread. I am about to purchase a walther p22 in pink camo for the wife. Just thought I would see what others opinions were. I searched a little before, found a couple people who said if they didn't use cci ammo they had problems. Good to hear that's not always the case. We'll have to see what it's like when we get it. I just don't want her to have jamming problems.

Glad I pulled a search before I posted a new thread. I am about to purchase a walther p22 in pink camo for the wife. Just thought I would see what others opinions were. I searched a little before, found a couple people who said if they didn't use cci ammo they had problems. Good to hear that's not always the case. We'll have to see what it's like when we get it. I just don't want her to have jamming problems.

I just ran into a pink camo one on gunbroker. The girlfriend would definately like that for the purse, so I better not let her see it ;)

I just ran into a pink camo one on gunbroker. The girlfriend would definately like that for the purse, so I better not let her see it ;)

Thats what happened to me. She wanted the pink lady 38 special. I think I like this better for her. She is not going to enjoy shooting the 38 special in the long run. This I think she'll enjoy much more and allow herself to become comfortable with. That's the key.

Are you another nabisco guy??

The Walther P22 are good little guns with the one exception (for me anyway) and that is the stinking mag disconnect! My boys at the time where trying to use the Walther for IDPA practice and with the mag disconnect they had to re-insert the mag to drop the hammer which always cause the RO to go nuts the first time he wittness it...until I describe what the boys where doing. So if you are using it for IDPA it may be a pain in the back side, depending on your RO's

.22's are not used in IDPA (not allowed) but understandable for your boys to get used to shooting this way.

Putting the magazine back into the magazine well is a safety feature for this .22LR

Thats what happened to me. She wanted the pink lady 38 special. I think I like this better for her. She is not going to enjoy shooting the 38 special in the long run. This I think she'll enjoy much more and allow herself to become comfortable with. That's the key.

Are you another nabisco guy??

Nabisco yes...

That's funny my girl wants the lavendar or pink lady by charter too. She's in process of getting her chl now. My friend carries a 22lr for his everyday carry pistol. He seems to think it's plenty to stop an attack. I personaly am not entirely sure I trust 22lr to do the job. I'll have to research that more

I got a p22 for my wife for her first gun. She loves it. It fits her hand good. (shes 5'1" and 95 lbs) It seams to jam a lot thought. WE have been shotting cci mini mags. about 400 rounds with about 12 to 15 jamming.

I got a P22 last year and like it way more than my Mark II, even though it's not nearly as accurate, well made, or reliable as the ruger. It's one of the funnest and most ergonomic guns to shoot I've ever shot though, and it's light weight. I mainly shoot the federal bulk ammo through it, and while not always 100% reliable, it's more than acceptable for plinking.

Just bought the P22-carbon frame model(below).
As mentioned in one of the posts above, it's very ergomatic-really nice grip, feels great to hold.

Haven't shot it yet-can't wait(wish there was more CCI Mini Mags around 'cause apparently these are the best rounds for this gun). And no, this little beauty is not going to my wife.

So...

Sig Mosquito vs. P22

Which is better and why? I've gotta get one or the other because I'm no longer gonna use any 9mm ammo out of my stash. It's just to damn important to "waste" on target practice when I could use .22lr instead.

So...

Sig Mosquito vs. P22

Which is better and why? I've gotta get one or the other because I'm no longer gonna use any 9mm ammo out of my stash. It's just to damn important to "waste" on target practice when I could use .22lr instead.

Good question-hope someone answers....

I agree about the 9mm ammo-that's one reason I
bought the P22 just to plink.

i bought the 2 barrel kit when it first came out and tried both barrels.

i dont like the snap on front sight, but i guess its okay since it hasnt flung off the slide yet.

i dont shoot it alot since i have other toys to shoot. but IIRC, it was an okay shooter. not a target gun, but damn, i did love the ergos on it.

one interesting note tho is that i was browing for accessories for the P22 and ran across an military holder for it and an extra pocket for a can. hmmmm. makes me wonder who is using the P22.

Good question-hope someone answers....

I agree about the 9mm ammo-that's one reason I
bought the P22 just to plink.

Mustang vs Vette
Taurus vs Imp
Glock vs XD

other then comparing the Mosquito and P22. what are you asking for?

for what purpose do you want to use the guns?

I have both guns, they are different guns. they shoot 22LR. they are not target guns. they are suppose to be smaller versions of the CF big brothers.

alot of people had issues with the original/early release versions. im not sure about now tho. mine arent 100%, but i understand 22LR autoloaders most people dont.

So...

Sig Mosquito vs. P22

what 9 do you have?

do you know if your 9 has a conversion kit available?

there are other 22s out there other then the P22 and Mosquito.