JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
looks like the OP made his choice already. But I got my wife a mosquito in feb 08 and i returned it in december. it spent a total of 2.5 months at sig being "repaired" and still never worked right. i was shooting CCI "Stingers" through it and i couldnt get a whole magazine to feed through it properly.

1st time to sig, the magazine release spring on the inside of the mag well fell out partially and got smashed by the magazine.

2nd time was for the jamming issue. i put the higher tension spring in and still i was catching the tails of expended rounds in the slide. or it would feed a round, the round was too large and jammed everything up. it even tried to double feed itself once?!?! Sigs solution was they allegedly filed out the feed ramp and smoothed out everything. yeah that didnt work either.

i was going to send it in to service again and Sportsmans here in vancouver said enough was enough. i returned it, got my cash back and now my wife enjoys a Sig 229 9mm and its almost ALMOST cooler than my 226 .40.

i heard from sportsmans that im not the only mosquito owner that had returned one on them.

You said you were shooting stingers? Did you try regular minimags? The Stingers have a longer case length and Never did feed well in either of my mosquitos but put minimags in it and it will run 400-500 rounds without issue.

I know the stinger is a slightly differant chambering you can buy match barrels specifically for it for a ruger 10/22.

Well basically wanted to add my mosquito hates stingers also but other CCI and bulk plated bullets it will run pretty smoothly. This is in a mosquito that was produced late 2008. My other mosquito produced early 2008 took well over 1000 rounds to break in and was still tempermental. Sold it to a buddy (with full disclosure) And he told me works great since then basically I broke it in and sold it(kicks self)

steven

The P22 is a great gun, the sig is a little pickie on ammo, likes minimags but no grade/bulk. and yes I have them both. Carry the P22 and target/plink with the Sig.
Both are accurate and fun to shoot. (imho)

Steve the Nailer