JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the Sig is a hundred times better looking but I've heard there are some reliability problems.

I've shot both, and bought a Mosquito. Both are ok. I liked the Sig better because I am a sucker for Sigs, looked a bit less than a toy, and ergonomically superior. In the reliability department, in approx 400 rd, I've had ~3 jams with Thunderbolt High speed ammo. But I have to admit it was already pretty fouled up with gunk by then. CCI ammo I've heard works fine. Mosquito trigger is very hard in DA, ok in SA, but nothing to call home about. I have a trigger pull gauge and never felt compelled to measure it.

Listen! Before you go for either one, consider Ruger MkII or a MkIII. There is a very extensive after market for it. Please, take my advise. Take your time and check it out. As for the Germans, you will start to be sorry you bought either of them when you shop for a stupid mag. Mosquito comes with one. The second cost me $40. :angry:

Which ever you get! (I am on my second mosquito) Make sure you get one with a threaded barrol!!! OR you will decide on a can and need another barrel!!! I am waiting on a quote from JCweaponery right now on a barrel so that I can get a can!

Threaded Barrel! And a second thought if you buy used get a recent mosquito the first imports had many more reliability issues the more recent ones if you use good ammo just run! Plus for me it makes a nice practice for my fullsize 226 basically the same controls.

(my thoughts for what they are worth)(.01 if you ask the few on here that know me)

Steven

I bought a Sig Mosquito and Love it! I guess you can call it an early import as I paid for it back in early '07.

One of the biggest problems I have found talking to other Mosquito owners is that according to the owners manual it was supposed to have left the factory with the standard spring for High velocity ammo. Mine and severals I have talked to found that they were shipped with the spring for sub sonic ammo. This will cause you a problem. If you choose the Sig, make sure you have the right spring for the ammo you are shooting. I had problems at first but went back to the manual and Vooo Lahhh! problem fixed!

When I got Sig it came with 1 mag but got 4 more at $31.00 per and I see the prices have risen since.

I am not stopping there, I too am in the market for a P22 and Mk III.

Hope you enjoy which ever you choose.

SF-

Ok here is what I decided on...hope I made the right choice
OOPS! (J/K :s0114:) I had it narrowed to down to the sig and P22 also. I really wanted the sig because like others here, I am a huge sig fan. However, after much research, I ended up with the Walther. Hopefully you will have better luck than many others have. Let us know how it goes for you. Great looking gun though! :s0155:

I shot the sig and didn't care for it. The trigger was rough and it's fairly large.
Not that it's a bad gun, just not the one for me. I have a P22 and love it! Fits the hand perfectly and is sweet with a Veridian laser and suppressor. I also have a MK II and think highly of it also.

I really liked my P22 until about 3 days ago:(

0201091604.jpg

0201091746-1.jpg