JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, China and Germany for the PPQ. But +P isn't recommended and will require "the need for more frequent service". :rolleyes:

At first glance, tell me the PPQ M2 doesn't look like a HiPoint?!

PPQ M2 Walther Arms

Regardless of my Walther bashing, my personal experience with the P22 as well as others was WAY less than stellar. Much better options for a .22 host IMHO.

Any of the Ruger MK series would be my top choice, or if you can find a good one, a Colt Woodsman target! Lastly, but still tops on the list is the Browning Buckmark target, prolly the slickest for cycling of all of these listed with out tuning! When it comes to upgrades and custom chit, the Ruger is hands down king of all!:D

I see this pop up on gun deals all the time... might be a good option.
ATI GSG FireFly HGA .22LR 4" Threaded Black, 10+1 Rounds - $189.99 + $9.99 S/H

Same exact gun as the Sig Mosquito... already supressor ready for under $200...

I've been having fun with my MK2 assassin for the last month or so, but it's just a novelty... D79CA863-54C3-4D28-A3C8-4B63903EB8BC.jpeg I may grab one of those firefly later this year budget pending:D

This Mosquito runs very well with most ammo and likes Aguia sub sonic. Good silencer ready sights, decocker, ambi safety and a rail are pluses. Comes with two magazines and extras are cheap and plentiful. Seven years ago one had only to purchase a can adapter... came metric threaded, although that may have changed. To do target work a Mark III 22/45 is available. Another good gun, but the Sig just looks cool!
2013-12-19_18-43-41_139-1.jpg

I have a Ruger standard and a Browning Buckmark and think they are both great pistols, but i would take the Browning first. With its reciever open on both sides it seems to run a bit cleaner, easy to take down. And more accurate than I can shoot. The Ruger is OLD and has seen thousands of rounds and is reliable and accurate. Ive taken coons at 25 yards with the Ruger, one shot and done.

IMG_1924.JPG

First try at 50 yards with the Buckmark Hunter. I got it centered a few groups later. It has potential.
IMG_1925.JPG

Another option for non target work is the GSG 1911 compact in .22, very slick and familiar handling and takes most 1911 parts. Comes optional with threaded barrel and suppressor sights! I have been very tempted with this one!

I had a full size GSG 1911 .22LR that was an amazing pistol! Very reliable and very accurate.

I still regret selling it, but it went to a close friend who is a big 1911 fan, so at least I know he enjoys and appreciates it as much as I did.

I'll start looking into those lite models. Would love the same setup as that image, host suppressor and red dot combo.

I just bought a MK IV Lite from @LuckySG and recently took it out to Wolf Creek. Ran awesome and was ringing steel at 60 yards, I was quite impressed with the different kind of ammo I was running. Also, breakdown and reassembly is light years ahead of the older models. I don't recall any malfunctions. If it did have any, I always tend to attribute those to ammo, like the Armscor I was shooting. My go-to has been Federal 36 grain in the 525 bulk pack. Runs through all my .22s almost without fail. Will update when my suppressors get out of jail, but don't see a reason why it wouldn't run with that on either.

Thinking about getting a Walther P22 with a suppressor. My first experience with 22lr was less than stellar (used revolver with 5-6 out of 7 failure ratio, CCI ammo, hoping it was just the gun). Anyone have the newer model of this handgun with any input?

Or any input on 22lr handguns in general I could install a suppressor on?

I've also been investigating a Walther P99 in .22lr. Only .22 pistol I've found that holds 12 rounds, and according to all the youtube gun experts, seems like a pretty good suppressor host.

@h4344 Have you been tortured enough with all this great information? I wish I could offer you a deal, alas you are out of bounds and would be stuck paying sales tax and a transfer fee. If that is okay or someone who can lawfully purchase in Oregon wants a Mark IV Lite in Red or Purple with 300 rounds of CCI for $475 swing by today and I will make it happen.

EDIT - I will hand deliver to your Vancouver shop of choice at no additional cost if you become a supporting member of NWFA.

Last Edited:
Yeah, after I had already tagged you I realized that OP was in Vancouver.

I'm not too familiar with gun stores up there, but might recommend either Sporting Systems or Sportsman's Warehouse.

@h4344

I know that Sporting Systems also carries suppressors, so if they have a pistol you like they might even be willing to let you try on a suppressor to see how it looks and feels.

@h4344 Have you been tortured enough with all this great information? I wish I could offer you a deal, alas you are out of bounds and would be stuck paying sales tax and a transfer fee. If that is okay or someone who can lawfully purchase in Oregon wants a Mark IV Lite in Red or Purple with 300 rounds of CCI for $475 swing by today and I will make it happen.

EDIT - I will hand deliver to your Vancouver shop of choice at no additional cost if you become a supporting member of NWFA.
Now that's good customer service!
:s0090:

[QUOTE="h4344, post: 2007638, member: 43676"
Or any input on 22lr handguns in general I could install a suppressor on?[/QUOTE]

M&P 22 with the threaded barrel or a Ruger 22/45 Lite are a couple other options. Some of the 22LR ammo doesn't have enough pressure to cycle the action right, so may have to try a few different brands to see what works best. What can are you thinking of running?