1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Walther gunsmith

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by larrycurran43, Apr 20, 2013.

1. larrycurran43

larrycurran43 vancouver New Member

I am looking for someone local in SW Washington/ Portland area that can work on a newer Walther (smith & wesson) PPK/S .380 ACP. All the gunsmiths I have talked to say the don't work on them and to send it to the factory. All it needs is the ejector spring.I know i can order it from the factory But I bought the gun used and wanted someone to give it a once over.
  2. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Bring it over and I can put it in for you. I will PM you too. It is a Walther PPK? Not S&W?

Tony Portland, Oregon Area
  3. WillametteValGunsmithing

WillametteValGunsmithing Veneta, Oregon New Member

With Smith & Wesson's name on it; it will only be a Stainless Steel PPK/s mfg. No PPK or PP Those were Walther mfg only.

Interarms imported most of the PPK/s blued and S/S pistols. With owner's passing ( an acquaintance of my dad's ) No one kept Interarms going, so Smith & Wesson got the U.S. rights to the PPK/s Thats why the Interarms Mauser Mark X series went away and other products he brought in.

Sincerely, WVG