JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I never knew the differences, still don't really, but now have a couple of Walthers in the house. :)
walthertalonmagnum22_001.jpg

waltherparrus177_2021a.jpg

Of the two, so far I'm liking the Parrus better. Both seem very accurate for the 25-yards I have #backyardplinking.

f

FYI umarex has owned Walther for quite some time, including firearm (powder burners) division. So I wouldn't bother splitting hairs cuz they are all umarex including Walther firearms (ie powder burners). If u are so inclined you can dig into the specific manufacturing factories which is more important then the name on the gun. It's easier to do with Walther Firearms due to easy to trace the proof stamps. I don't know whether proofs are required for airguns or not. And even more important than that are the specifications that the parent name brand requires them to stick to.

I have Walther made firearms branded with colt, Walther, HK (and there are numerous other names for similar firearms such as beretta) which are all made by Walther in the same factory which is owned by umarex.

Last Edited:
NICE! :s0059: So, a Walther actually made by Walther?

Jawohl. Waffenfabrik Karl Walther Ulm-an-Donau, to be precise. Air weapons do not require to be subjected to any kind of gun proof, either here in UK, or in Germany, or anywhere else that they are made.

German home-market air rifles/gun and air pistols are limited to 6 ft lbs m/e by law. For sale outside Germany air rifles are limited to 12ft lbs and pistols to 6ft lbs, unless specifically made to be otherwise. UK law observes these limits - anything with more than 12 ft lbs in UK is considered to be a firearm, and needs a Firearms Certificate to acquire and possess it.

In some countries - Scotland, for instance, ALL airguns must be registered. They reckon it might take another ten years or more to git 'er done... Northern Ireland? You need a Firearms Certificate for anything over 1 Joule - same for the Republic of Ireland, where you need a firearms license [a different thing altogether], to even buy airgun pellets. You are usually limited just like you would be for regular ammunition - many people can only buy 200 pellets at a time. Quite how that works out I'm not sure...

Y'see, it's not only the UK that has odd gun laws.............................

Jawohl. Waffenfabrik Karl Walther Ulm-an-Donau, to be precise. Air weapons do not require to be subjected to any kind of gun proof, either here in UK, or in Germany, or anywhere else that they are made.

German home-market air rifles/gun and air pistols are limited to 6 ft lbs m/e by law. For sale outside Germany air rifles are limited to 12ft lbs and pistols to 6ft lbs, unless specifically made to be otherwise. UK law observes these limits - anything with more than 12 ft lbs in UK is considered to be a firearm, and needs a Firearms Certificate to acquire and possess it.

In some countries - Scotland, for instance, ALL airguns must be registered. They reckon it might take another ten years or more to git 'er done... Northern Ireland? You need a Firearms Certificate for anything over 1 Joule - same for the Republic of Ireland, where you need a firearms license [a different thing altogether], to even buy airgun pellets. You are usually limited just like you would be for regular ammunition - many people can only buy 200 pellets at a time. Quite how that works out I'm not sure...

Y'see, it's not only the UK that has odd gun laws.............................
Man that is nuts to have to do that for airgun pellets. The 12 fpe reminds me of this video of a 706 fpe airgun. Crazy! 33C2952D-2AFB-4E06-92C7-B42D6E633914.jpeg 1D0039E4-7430-4AE8-A3EB-7351FC7B4666.jpeg

Okay, Turkish workers in Germany making the product, vs. Turkish workers in Turkey making the product. Is there a difference? Oversimplification, maybe but some truth to it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top