JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I have a SOCOM II and I've decided that I'm not fond of the plastic. My plan is to get a nice walnut stock and ditch the rail thingy. My question is, should I go USGI and live with the selector switch cutout, or go with a Boyds. The Boyds are slightly oversize, which doesn't make me overjoyed. Thinking about taking sandpaper to it then finishing it myself.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this, what you'd recommend, and any tips.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

To me the oversize stocks I've handled on newer M1As just feel bulky. I prefer the GI stock (course that's what I'm used to also). If you're used to the GI fiberglass stock, the difference is even more pronounced. I'd get the GI stock and fill the selector cutout with a small piece of walnut.

There a re a lot of used M1A stocks floating around, some are GI with the cutout. You can fill the cutout with wood or putty or even put a fake selector in it. I put a selector in my GI glass stock, fills the cut out nicely. This pic doesn't show it all that well but you get the idea.

crop5.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads