JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WalMart has one product that is really good and not available elsewhere; Carburetor and Air Intake Cleaner. Nothing works any better or is any cheaper. $1.97/12.5 oz. can. I use a lot of it when rebuilding motors, transmissions or anything else. The only bad part is having to go to Walmart to get it, especially when they are out of it, or only have a couple of cans. I have tried a few times in the past to order online but they were always out there too. Having three transmissions and a motor to build and being low on cleaner I tried an online order. Hooray!! They have it. Buy $35 worth and free shipping. I'm a sucker for free shipping.:) Ordered 96 cans of it. Yes I use a lot. Also keep the racecar shop supplied. For those math-challenged among us 96 cans can be 16 cases of 6, 12 cases of 8 (the normal case quantity in the store), 8 cases of 12, 6 cases of 16 or even 4 cases of 24. No matter how it's packaged I will get even cases of it, right?? Oh no, this is Walmart we are talking about. Got home today to two large boxes that were probably square when they left North Las Vegas but are rather amorphous now. No corners left. Most of the shipping tape still intact. This inside;

WP_20170518_011.jpg WP_20170518_008.jpg
Yes, two boxes, each with 48 cans of cleaner LOOSE in them. A handful of packing pillows on top, God only knows why. Notice each can has a unit label on it AND a strip of blue tape that says "Sealed To Prevent Leaking". Notice there is one can visible with the black cap off of it, definitely capable of "leaking". The cap is off because the sticky on the blue safety tape stuck to the packing pillows and pulled the cap off. Foolishly, I was expecting actual cases, perhaps taped together so they wouldn't pay shipping on individual cases, or maybe put in a larger box such as this. It never occurred to me that the stupid ran this deep.

Lousy pack job. Obviously they don't keep any of them in cases. But if they didn't leak out, you still got a great deal!

Seriously that 's how you received it I would pay the shipping cost and send it back after I sprayed Three or four cans in the box and taped a match book to the top

No wait don't do that that's a bomb mmmm I would report it the post office or fed ex or UPS who ever they shipped it by because that is not only dangerous but completely insane if I tried to ship one can if spray paint that way and they found it I would be charged with some sort of crime

WalMart has one product that is really good and not available elsewhere; Carburetor and Air Intake Cleaner. Nothing works any better or is any cheaper. $1.97/12.5 oz. can. I use a lot of it when rebuilding motors, transmissions or anything else. The only bad part is having to go to Walmart to get it, especially when they are out of it, or only have a couple of cans. I have tried a few times in the past to order online but they were always out there too. Having three transmissions and a motor to build and being low on cleaner I tried an online order. Hooray!! They have it. Buy $35 worth and free shipping. I'm a sucker for free shipping.:) Ordered 96 cans of it. Yes I use a lot. Also keep the racecar shop supplied. For those math-challenged among us 96 cans can be 16 cases of 6, 12 cases of 8 (the normal case quantity in the store), 8 cases of 12, 6 cases of 16 or even 4 cases of 24. No matter how it's packaged I will get even cases of it, right?? Oh no, this is Walmart we are talking about. Got home today to two large boxes that were probably square when they left North Las Vegas but are rather amorphous now. No corners left. Most of the shipping tape still intact. This inside;

View attachment 364215 View attachment 364216
Yes, two boxes, each with 48 cans of cleaner LOOSE in them. A handful of packing pillows on top, God only knows why. Notice each can has a unit label on it AND a strip of blue tape that says "Sealed To Prevent Leaking". Notice there is one can visible with the black cap off of it, definitely capable of "leaking". The cap is off because the sticky on the blue safety tape stuck to the packing pillows and pulled the cap off. Foolishly, I was expecting actual cases, perhaps taped together so they wouldn't pay shipping on individual cases, or maybe put in a larger box such as this. It never occurred to me that the stupid ran this deep.

Have to remember you are dealing with Min wage help. Some of the people who work will of course still care. Many will not and are often poorly supervised. We buy a ton of stuff from Amazon. Now and then we get packages like this too.

View attachment 364215 View attachment 364216

Damn man! For that kind of money and hassle you could invest in a solvent tank. No?

Thanks for the laugh though Korey!

Damn man! For that kind of money and hassle you could invest in a solvent tank. No?

Thanks for the laugh though Korey!

I have a solvent tank too. No quicker way to dry off the solvent than a quick rinse with carb cleaner. I keep my shop fairly clean and blowing oily solvent all over with an air hose to dry the parts isn't conducive to a clean shop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top