JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy local and support local business if you have one around. While it may cost extra sometimes (the fact that my local shop is cheaper helps) the money you spend stays in the community, unlike shopping at Wal-Mart.

On a side note I was in Alaska lastweek and completely forgot all stores like that sell handguns/rifles and thought I was seeing things when I walked right into the handgun case at Fred Meyer's.

I can't find it now but I saw a similar article somewhere that said that wal-mart will be selling rifles/shotguns at more stores, but that they would not be expanding handgun sales outside of their Alaska stores.

There was a thread here regarding Wal*Mart selling guns again a few weeks ago. Might do a search and find it.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

wal mart has made life better for millions of americans who live in places where there are no places to buy essential goods cheaply.
....i dont go there very much, and i know why people are opposed to them building in urban areas, but saying f wal mart is just ignorant.

In a lot of the areas there were places to buy essential goods cheaply until Wal-Mart came and they closed down.

Praising Wal-Mart for creating places to purchase things while not understanding big business economics and it's effects on small, regional retail is just ignorant.

Last Edited:
Are the handguns going to be POS Chinese made junk like everything else they sell?

Same old question. Who is responsible for the "junk"? The American companies that design, engineer and spec the goods? Or the Chinese companies that build the stuff from based on American specs?

A somewhat circular question don't you think?

In a lot of the areas there were places to buy essential goods cheaply until Wal-Mart came and they closed down.

Praising Wal-Mart for creating places to purchase things while not understanding big business economics and it's effects on small, regional retail is just ignorant.

From what I've seen, Wal-Mart is like a vacuum that sucks up small businesses around it. I'll admit my perspective is pretty biased.

As far as Walmart selling cheap chinese crap, what store doesn't? Your local mom and pop store sells the same chinese crap.. Also, even though supporting local mom and pop is good, it is also good to help promote large department stores like Wal-Mart to become more pro-gun as it will have more an influence on society and how they view guns. Personally, I cannot afford to spend $16.00 for the same box of 9mm I can get for $10.00 at Wal-Mart. Of course, every now and again I buy from the mom and pop to help the people out, but it's more out of kindness than anything else. Capitalism should be about attracting people because you offer a service or product at a price that is reasonable. Of course, I do believe in helping out the little guy, but I am not rich enough to be too charitable. Also, Wal-Mart has been becoming more decent with what they carry over the years.

If everyone has the attitude that Wal-Mart shouldn't sell guns, then they will stop carrying them. Personally, I think it would be good to support Wal-Mart and its decision to be more "Pro-Gun". This is good for the rights of gun owners.

Oh yeah, for anyone who doesn't know, it seems Sports Authority is now undercutting Wal-Mart on ammo prices, so people should check it out. I got a box of 50rds Winchester White Box 9mm for $11.00 at Sports Authority last week, whereas it is selling for over $13.00 a box now at Wal-Mart. Supply and Demand, but sometimes supporting the big guys can reap some rewards. I am yet to see a mom and pop store sell Winchester White Box for a price that makes it affordable for me to shoot it.

I hate Wal-Mart and is not convenient to drive to, however I do appreciate their cheap ammo. Being a college student, ability to afford UMC brick ammo at decent prices is nice. Wal-Mart changed the logistics world in being able to buy large quantity and ship is cheaply across the world. While they do wipe out the small entrepreneurs, they also give jobs to disabled and other special employees that may not have a job otherwise.

Here's an idea. Since the mom and pops sell the same stuff:

Item X sells for $14.00 at mom and pop

The same item X sells at WalMart for $10.00

Stop by mom and pop and just give them $2.00. Just leave it on the counter and walk out without anyone seeing you.

Next, go to WalMart and buy item X for $10.00. You've just saved youself $4.00 and you've have given $2.00 of that savings to mom and pop. Everyone wins.

Hows that work out?

My problem with Walmart is not their pricing and not even selling some Chinese made goods, but the fact that they have actively encouraged their suppliers to shift production to China.

However long before then, I despised them for their censorship. There were instances where they would not carry an album because they did not like the cover and were forcing bands to change them. Yes they have the right to sell whatever they want, but their objections were absurd. The was a album titled Animal Magnetism by a band called the Scorpions. It featured a fully dressed young woman walking a german sheppard on a beach. They would not carry the album because they said it promoted bestiality. What a bunch of Arkansas bible thumper hillbillies was my thought back then.
There are plenty of example where if you bought a movie from Walmart, you were getting an edited version. Some of the "bad stuff" was edited out, but there was no indication on the packaging of it. Unlike the albums incidents that happened 30 years ago, the movies stuff is lot more recent - with last 10.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top