JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK. My favorite Walmart Story. True.
Back when the first ammo shortage hit maybe 12 -15 yrs ago? My then 80 yr old MIL worked at Walmart as a greeter in Dallas OR, a small town. When I told her that I could not get ammo to go shooting she said she would look for it for me. I wrote down 9mm and 45 auto on a post it note for her. When she saw that her store was out, she and her partner in crime, another 80 yr old lady, went to the bigger Walmart in Salem to look for it. Can you imagine the look on the sales persons face when two little old gray haired ladies waddled up to the counter and asked for the ammo? LOL. Well they were also out. So, she had the manager of the sporting goods department in her store tell her when he got a shipment come in. It was boxes, not cases back then. Anyway, I forgot all about it until at Christmas she gave me like ten boxes of each 9 & 45. LOL. She even got employee discount.
Yes, I have the worlds best MIL!
I drove to Dallas Walmart for a deal they had on a shotgun. They gave me grief about the zip code not being on my licence so I put it on lay a way. By the time I got my new license with zip code, the price had dropped by half on the shotgun. They honored the new price. I have bitterseet memories from that deal.

Last Edited:
I drove to Dallas Walmart for a deal they had on a shotgun. They gave me grief about the zip code not being on my licence so I put it on law a way. By the time I got my new license with zip code, the price had dropped by half on the shotgun. They honored the new price. I have bitterseet memories from that deal.

Incompetence abounds in any service capacity.

You can always show them your car registration - but it worked out for you - so good.

DMV sent me a paper sticker label when I changed my address. The address wears off those after a few months, so then I had to start using my car registration. When I went into the DMV a few weeks ago to get my DL renewed, they couldn't find my birthdate or name on it - it was printed right there on the license. You would think they would no where to look - it is the ID they issue after all. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

You can always show them your car registration - but it worked out for you - so good.

DMV sent me a paper sticker label when I changed my address. The address wears off those after a few months, so then I had to start using my car registration. When I went into the DMV a few weeks ago to get my DL renewed, they couldn't find my birthdate or name on it - it was printed right there on the license. You would think they would no where to look - it is the ID they issue after all. Sheesh! :rolleyes:
They wouldn't accept car registration. They claimed it was Walmart policy that all info had to match on ID. I wasn't going to win an argument with them.

My problem was also related to address change sticker the state gave me. I had two addresses on my sticker, one for mailing and one for my residence. When you had two addresses like that, the State didn't put the zip code for the residence address on the sticker. I think the State has done away with the sticker these days.

They wouldn't accept car registration. They claimed it was Walmart policy that all info had to match on ID. I wasn't going to win an argument with them.

My problem was also related to address change sticker the state gave me. I had two addresses on my sticker, one for mailing and one for my residence. When you had two addresses like that, the State didn't put the zip code for the residence address on the sticker. I think the State has done away with the sticker these days.

Ditto for the two addresses for me. I should probably have just stuck with the residential addy alone.

I hope they do away with the stickers. I now have the "Real ID" (so I can fly/etc.) and I will be moving in a year or two.

Merge with what? Unless I missed it (which is entirely possible) I didn't see a duplicate of this topic/article.

My two WalMart ammo stories:

I lived on the East Coast for a few years and went to the local WalMart when I saw shotgun ammo on sale. Come up to the gun counter with a case worth of 12 gauge #4 and the guy looks at me and says "Number four? What are you going to shoot with that?". To which I replied, without even thinking, "anything that comes through the door without knocking." He looked at me, kind of shrugged, and rang it up.

About ten years ago here in WA I went to a local WalMart to get some boresnakes (again, on sale) and saw some cheap plinking ammo. You have to buy that at the gun counter so I start paying for it and, without any provocation, the guy starts off telling me N-word jokes about Obama. Now I'm fine with good old fashioned stupid humor at the expense of anyone, but this was just racist BS for no reason at all. Here I am in Western WA and I'm hearing things I've never heard out of anyone's mouth in the deep south. I just paid and left. It was a very strange experience.

Retailer says move is a safety precaution but customers can still purchase firearms and ammunition

Walmart Inc. has removed all guns and ammunition from the sales floors of its U.S. stores this week, aiming to head off any potential theft of firearms if stores are broken into amid social unrest

Rest of the article is behind a paywall.
I think that WM is smart in doing so. I can only imagine the unfortunate delays as looters have to stand around filling out paperwork for the background checks.

I always admired walmart. Champion of the worker, pushing the limits of what is considered product quality, selflessly supporting the local stores, and advancing worker healthcare coverage way beyond industry standard.

Even now in the inevitable of upcoming purge and looting that the election will cause, they are thinking about the health and safety of the looters stealing from their stores.

...brings a tear to the eye :(
I think that WM should put a round of the correct ammunition with each firearm so that those pesky looters will be able to select the appropriate ammunition for their firearm of theft, er, ah, choice. While working as a LEO I was disarmed a kid that had a stolen 12 a. with two 20 ga. shells in the tube. Perhaps someone will start a firearms familiarization course for the peaceful protesters that prowl our streets.

My two WalMart ammo stories:

I lived on the East Coast for a few years and went to the local WalMart when I saw shotgun ammo on sale. Come up to the gun counter with a case worth of 12 gauge #4 and the guy looks at me and says "Number four? What are you going to shoot with that?". To which I replied, without even thinking, "anything that comes through the door without knocking." He looked at me, kind of shrugged, and rang it up.

About ten years ago here in WA I went to a local WalMart to get some boresnakes (again, on sale) and saw some cheap plinking ammo. You have to buy that at the gun counter so I start paying for it and, without any provocation, the guy starts off telling me N-word jokes about Obama. Now I'm fine with good old fashioned stupid humor at the expense of anyone, but this was just racist BS for no reason at all. Here I am in Western WA and I'm hearing things I've never heard out of anyone's mouth in the deep south. I just paid and left. It was a very strange experience.
During the time I worked for WDFW I was a bit stunned to hear employees and supervisors trample all over state mandated verbiage. It takes all kinds, I guess.

Today (10-30-2020) at the Wal Mart, Portland, OR off of 82nd Ave.

Wal-Mart-Gun-Section.jpg

BUT.....I also heard that "other story" about Wal Mart. I just hope that they also see the error of their ways and return the "handgun and popular rifle rounds" to the shelves.

"Geographically Isolated".

Rrrrright......

And, the media continues to call them "Peaceful Demonstrations".

Whatever.....Wal Mart?!?! :s0092:

Aloha, Mark

PS..........YES....I went shopping there today and only found two cans of SPAM Lite. LOL.

Last Edited:

In fairness to incompetence, I would like to point out that I worked on Saturdays for my friend Ron, who owned a sporting goods store. A man came into the store to buy a hunting/fishing license and I asked him for his driver's license so that I could fill out the paperwork. All went well until I got to his height. It read that he was 6' tall. I'm 5'10" and he was a lot shorter than I was. So, I pointed out that there was an error on his driver's license. I pointed to the obvious discrepancy and he pulled himself up to his full 5'6" and said in a big voice that he was 6' tall and what was I driving at? I told him that the fault was mine as I had trouble determining actually heights and distances. He calmed down very quickly.

And... they're back

It appears that the BLM group has put great pressure on WM by pointing out that if looters are not able to steal firearms from their stores, they will be at the mercy of the police and as a consequence they will be forced to find jobs in order to finance their various habits.

It appears that the BLM group has put great pressure on WM by pointing out that if looters are not able to steal firearms from their stores, they will be at the mercy of the police and as a consequence they will be forced to find jobs in order to finance their various habits.
That is hilarious! Unfortunately, in the current climate, it's actually almost believable ...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top