JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought ammo exactly once at a Walmart and it was at like 3am after a shift of night paving I was still wired up a bit (I had expected to work until at least 6am) so having read about being able to buy ammo at Walmart 24hrs a day I made a swing by the one real close to the gravel pit we work out of. It took about 45 min to find an employee and then for that employee to find the ammo case keys and to figure out how to sell me ammo (loved the are you over 21 question as I have a large gray beard) I bought a couple bricks worth of .22 ammo to add to the other 20K plus rounds of .22 rimfire I have some bought as far back as 1980.

OK. My favorite Walmart Story. True.
Back when the first ammo shortage hit maybe 12 -15 yrs ago? My then 80 yr old MIL worked at Walmart as a greeter in Dallas OR, a small town. When I told her that I could not get ammo to go shooting she said she would look for it for me. I wrote down 9mm and 45 auto on a post it note for her. When she saw that her store was out, she and her partner in crime, another 80 yr old lady, went to the bigger Walmart in Salem to look for it. Can you imagine the look on the sales persons face when two little old gray haired ladies waddled up to the counter and asked for the ammo? LOL. Well they were also out. So, she had the manager of the sporting goods department in her store tell her when he got a shipment come in. It was boxes, not cases back then. Anyway, I forgot all about it until at Christmas she gave me like ten boxes of each 9 & 45. LOL. She even got employee discount.
Yes, I have the worlds best MIL!

Last Edited:
Reminds me of being at the local hardware store in the podunk town. I picked up what I was actually there for, then swung past the ammo counter to see if they had any handgun ammo (very unlikely) or .30/30 WCF (possible.) No Winchester fodder. The entire handgun ammo shelf was stripped completely clean ... except two lonely boxes of .40 S﹠W. :s0112:
Have found .40 on almost every trip to Bi-Mart. Thinking I should start picking it up and buy a .40 caliber Sig 229 to shoot it out of...
:s0140:

I-want-to-believe-2.jpg Rrrrright.......

It was in response to the "peaceful protests".

Aloha, Mark

Why don't they hire some armed security and head off any civil unrest.

Never mind what CRIME you're talking about.

If a Security Guard or a Police Officer should shoot anyone of a certain racial extraction(s). Well, say it this way......it appears that only shooting ________ is allowed now a days.

Aloha, Mark

Walmart is always pulling guns. Then putting them back. I think they think it is part of their marketing plan. They appeal to the liberals then the conservatives run in and get the clearance deals and a month later they restock and the next scary thing happens and they do it all over again.

Retailer says move is a safety precaution but customers can still purchase firearms and ammunition

Walmart Inc. has removed all guns and ammunition from the sales floors of its U.S. stores this week, aiming to head off any potential theft of firearms if stores are broken into amid social unrest

Rest of the article is behind a paywall.
Last time they did this (earlier this year), the clerks at my local walmart said they were not allowed to sell any ammo during the pulled period. This is just another constriction in the supply.

The only things I buy are Walmart are dark chocolate M&Ms and cocoa - both online, because they are available there (rarely find them elsewhere) and half the price of most places. Oh, and I once bought a box of flares from them (online) and maybe a few other things, once or twice a year - but I have not been inside one of their stores in years.

I found out about the M&Ms when I bought some from a seller at Amazon and got shipped a box from Walmart instead, so then I looked at Walmart's web site and found they were half the price. Seems this is what some Amazon sellers do; they find it cheaper somewhere else and then turn around and sell it for more - even better when they can just drop ship. Nice way to make $ - all you have to do is have a credit card and take a couple of minutes to buy the item somewhere else, then have it shipped to your customer. Amazon gets their cut, Walmart gets theirs and you get yours.

Same thing on Walmart's site for half the price:

So for stuff like that, I check Walmart (and I google others just to make sure the price I am paying to Amazon is reasonable - it usually is, and sometimes much better).

When I first saw this thread, I immediately assumed that Wally World was going all SJW and trying to keep our ignorant selves from protecting our friends and family, but it does appear that this is a fairly solid move on their part. I'm sure the possibility of being able to loot a fancy new High Point is a significant draw to the oppressed. You know...so they can feed themselves.

That being said, I rarely step foot in Walmart anymore except for the occasional oil/filter purchase for the vehicles as they seem to have pretty good prices on that stuff, although that is getting rarer now, as I've gotten even more lazy and just give ol Jeff Bezo's my money to have him drop it off on my front door.

Thanks for posting @The Heretic

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads