JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it ironic that you guys can find this stuff at Wal-mart, Winco, Costco and BuyMart up there, and I have to order it all online. There is NONE of that stuff here in Kalifornia, where there are so many people that are going to need food. If it was in the stores for them to see, maybe they would at least start thinking about it. Most people wouldn't do it anyway, they'll just wait for the government to help them and then cry when they can't, but the fact that it's not even available is interesting to me. Not even at Costco. Just the usual bulk items, but no long term storage food or supplies are on the shelf.

But you got to remember most people in PRK cannot see what is going on, look at the last election the majority of the people in PRK voted to raise taxes on themselves to bail the politicians stupidity a social welfare, walmart from what I have been told is revamping their stores and adding it to area where they see a demand. How they are assessing their data I do not know, I live well east of you all they do not have those aisles in more stores yet, but they have in rural Missouri stores (west of Me)

BTW - read a few reports about PRK, their tax revenue is down since the vote, there are more people leaving PRK than moving their.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ously-After-Residents-Voted-To-Increase-Taxes

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...drome-as-california-declines-texas-rises.html

With the exception of people like yourself Angie maybe walmart is secretly hoping PRK will fall into the ocean along with NY NY, NJ and dragging the rest of the country

All the while, the owners of Walmart have more wealth than the lowest 40% income earners in the entire USA. (Incredible number really).

"Walmart's owners" what?

Shareholders own Walmart. I would guess that there are hundreads of us on this board that have direct interst in the equities via mutual funds and direct holdings.

Where does all this disinformation come from?

Looks like they have some pretty good deals on Auguson Farms stuff. If I was just starting out, I might pick-up some of the Auguson "multi-day" food buckets as a good foundation. I think their soups/entrees have too much sodium, but it'd be a start.

So.....
I was at newly remodeled Walmart on 82nd today, and I stumbled onto an isle that was the entire line of Augason Farms #10 , and 5 gallon buckets of freeze dried foods ( Augason Farms - Food Storage and Gluten-free food products).... I checked my handy iphone to check out the company and prices, and the prices were 20-30% cheaper @ wallyworld over the website, so I snatched up a bunch... The store is recently remodeled, and the experience was great......
The stop was a total win I picked up food storage, 1000 rds of .223, and a couple 15 gallon containers for water...

Just thought I should put it out there.....

photo3copy.jpg
photo1-1.jpg
photo2-3.jpg

Phhpptt.... Big deal, where's photos of the 1000rnds. of .223?! ;)

Was in the Wood Village store tonight. They only have about 8-12 feet or so of this stuff. I bought a big can of whole eggs for about $15. Just to show my wife what to look for since she does most of the grocery shopping.
We are going to start picking up a few extras whenever we shop. Every time I see video of the people suffering from Hurricane Sandy and wondering why the government isnt there making it better, I feel like my family needs to be prepared for a disaster. I dont want to have to rely on the gubmint.

Now is the time to learn a lesson from what is happening with guns and ammo, supply and demand.

Nothing is better than long term Mountain House and other foods as 'money in the bank.' Buy your food, silver, etc NOW before you are caught CHASING them price wise down the road.

In other words, get your butt to WalFart.

It's good to see these items become mainstream. People watch the news after these natural disasters and are seeing that Uncle Sugar isn't there for them. I 'm happy to see "self-reliance" on the shelves.

But why is anyone supposed to be hating? I don't get the thread title...Anyways, looks like a great selection, glad you scored. I've never considered buying these kinds of emergency foods, for the simple reason that I am suspecting pancake breakfast and chili will be the last things on my mind in a real emergency situation.

I've personally witnessed a roomfull of new fulltime Walmart employees handed food stamp applications in their orientation packets, and then told by a visiting regional HR director that they should consider those foodstamps part of their wages for working at Walmart (it was phrased in a much longer, convoluted way, but it was still insulting). I know other companies have done this as well, but Walmart is better known for these types of practices. It really angers a lot of people for one of the most profitable companies in the world to intentionally subsidize its workforce with social welfare programs.

When people refer to the "owners" making more than the bottom 40% of the US population, they're usually referring to the dozen or so people that own most of the company. Most of those people are descendants of Sam Walton. Last year the CEO made over 17 million. Yet they pay the workers in the store 20% below the industry average for retail (that number includes benefits). As someone else commented, the wealth disparity angers a lot of people.

Others love Walmart for the cheap products. A few are ambivelant. Most people seem to ever love or hate the company.

About three years ago I took a job at Walmart I had to My unemployment was getting close to running out and they were the first place to offer me a job at that time. I had to go nights 10-7 so I could get the extra dollar an hour which raised it to 9.90 an hour and I had Experience in the position that I applied for. Things were very tight so I Applied for food stamps and I only received $10 a month. Yeah that helped, not.... I was lucky I live very close to the Walmart or fuel cost would've just crushed me. Lucky for me just shy of the year of working there a better job came along so I quit there and went to work to another place. Also what is funny Walmart will give you a discount card for 10% off your purchases as an employee but it only applies to nonfood items except one time year in December then it goes for everything including food products where you need it the most food, a 11 months out of the year it Doesn't apply. To Get a raise I was told my Review by the manager that to get more than a 10 cent raise you basically have to walk on water Or try to move up to management position And for that I understand management position doesn't pay a lot neither. In my opinion unless you're scraping the bottom of the barrel I would not work for Walmart but times get really hard you have to do what you have to do to get by. Anyway that's my two cent waiting for change for on that.

Last Edited:
10% raise? Man, where do I sign up for those?

Jobs come and jobs go, there are some that will reward you for working there all the days of your life, others will demand it, yet give little in return. I remember working at a retail gun store some years ago... I needed a job, and they hired me at $8.75/hr, I was way overqualified for the position, but they hired me, I worked my tail off there until I found a new job, never got a raise, never got a bonus, never got an employee discount. What I did get was a paycheck until I found a place that was hiring for rockstars :)

10% raise? Man, where do I sign up for those?

Jobs come and jobs go, there are some that will reward you for working there all the days of your life, others will demand it, yet give little in return. I remember working at a retail gun store some years ago... I needed a job, and they hired me at $8.75/hr, I was way overqualified for the position, but they hired me, I worked my tail off there until I found a new job, never got a raise, never got a bonus, never got an employee discount. What I did get was a paycheck until I found a place that was hiring for rockstars :)

My bad that should have been 10 cents raise ill go back and correct it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top