JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the local wally world last night. The ammo shelves were thin, but not bare; they even had 2 boxes of 7.62x39mm. While I was there (just for a few minutes) there were several window shoppers.

I was hoping they might have a few primers so I wouldnt have to dip into my stores but no joy on that.

No signs were posted and the rifle racks were almost completely full of bolt actions and various scatter guns.

Excellent same web site same story the difference is mine is 19 hours old and it says the story is BUNK yours is published as a day ago.

Mine is a response to yours. Shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

I bet your hard to live with. The story is about new ammo orders not about selling whats on the shelf. Mines Better anyways and yours is wrong. Nener, Nener!

You right I tend to not suffer fools well. I apologize.

A direct cut and paste from the article I posted which appears on the same web site after (more recent) the one you used in your OP.

The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration's gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren't true.

"That information is inaccurate," said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart's corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

"No," Hardie said. "We're continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past."

She said Walmart's ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/walmart-responds-to-suspended-ammo-story/#umf2EpD5gFpYojoJ.99

well I posted on another thread hear yesterday, I went to five different walmarts saturday and it was the same story from every walmart, we cannot order any more ammo, it is blocked from home office all we are getting is what is in the pipeline.

The yesterday i went to two different walmarts and asked again, same story, all we can get is what is in the pipeline, the SKU 's are still valid at the warehouse system, BUT they showed their hand helds after clicking on an ammo SKU's the one lady I know pretty good, did several different SKU's, each and every time "Item Cannot Be Ordered, Blocked from Home Office"

Yeah no Sh!t people i read it off the darn hand held they use for ordering and checking availability, one wlamart has removed the price tags and SKU's on all ammo slots that they are out of, the same ones that they had jacked the price up on last week.

Now if yo were me, would you believe the BS press release from the Walmart HQ, or what you saw with your own eyes and what you heard from frustrated employees who are more pizzed at their home office for putting them in middle than the customers are.

Remember in October when Chrysler said it was not going to build any of the jeeps in China, like was leaked to the press and denied because they were afraid it would affect the elections, well guess what?

<broken link removed>

I believe what I see for my own eye, now that it has gone viral about walmart they may sway the other way, but walamrt is a bunch of fence straddler's which ever sways best for them politically.

HERE'S THE TRUTH:

The sporting goods department manager can put in a manual order for ammo. They cut the manual orders because there is such a huge backlog. It's still automatically ordered by the system. It WILL show up when it shows up. The local store manager flat out told her "we still won't carry guns, we'll still carry ammo, you just can't MANUALLY order it because it will get you nowhere."

HERE'S THE TRUTH:

The sporting goods department manager can put in a manual order for ammo. They cut the manual orders because there is such a huge backlog. It's still automatically ordered by the system. It WILL show up when it shows up. The local store manager flat out told her "we still won't carry guns, we'll still carry ammo, you just can't MANUALLY order it because it will get you nowhere."

You might note the Salem Stores haven't carried Firearms or reloading supplys since very soon after the first one opened. I do remember there being a small gun rack at the Lancaster store right after they opened and reloading powder on a shelf right above the floor accessable by any 5 years old. I pointed out how stupid that was to the store manager who at the time had no clue.

Well...I posted on the other Wal-Mart thread a couple of days ago about buying (6) 100rd boxes of Federal 45acp for $32 bucks a box. And I just left the local Wal-Mart with another, wait for it.......(6) 100rd boxes of Federal 45acp.

I don't know who is ordering it, but I wish they would stop. I'm gonna be broke soon if they don't. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews