JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought you'd all get a good chuckle out of this. I've been corresponding via email with Walmart's customer service because I signed up to have their automatic email notifier let me know if/when they get any more minis in stock. Well, twice now I've got the email that says they have them. But when I look online and call the store...they in fact do not and have not received any shipments from Ruger. So, I wrote Walmart about the erroneous emails to let them know their system is not giving out accurate information. Their replies are pretty comical and I'm fairly certain now that what I'm getting are automated responses from some sort of customer service bot trying to find a pre-canned reply to fit my inquiry based on key words it finds in my emails...you'll see...lol. I can't wait to see how the bot replies to my last email...lol.

I've pasted my email exchange to this point with them below. My emails to Walmart are in blue. Start at the bottom and work towards the top.

Re: Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO is now available [Incident: 130114-008481]
Hide Details

From

Bill

To

Walmart Customer Care

What?!? Your reply makes no sense and isn't even relevant to my email.
Is this even a real person replying, or just another bot generating ridiculous automated replies?

To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:02 PM
Subject: Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO is now available [Incident: 130114-008481]

Hi Bill,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com privacy policy.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are pleased to announce that we have updated our Privacy Policy, and introduced a new online preference center - an easy way for you to select and control the various types of communications you receive from us. To learn more about how to select your communication preferences, please visit walmart.com/privacypreferences. Please allow up to 10 business days for Walmart to remove you from our email lists and 30 business days to remove you from all other forms of marketing communication.

Our improved Privacy Policy, effective July 17, 2009, provides a clear description of how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, and your choices about these practices. The key changes to the policy include combining our existing Privacy Policies into one policy, whether you visit is online or in the store, and streamlining the types of e-mails we'll send you, unless you opt out of this service. We will also be offering you the choice to hear from us by phone for relevant offers and other Walmart news, but only if you opt in, providing us your express consent, and we added additional security controls and protections, specifically addressing hard-copy records and financial products and services.

For further questions, the updated Privacy Policy and additional information about the preference center is available at walmart.com/privacy or walmartstores.com/privacy.

Again, thank you for your correspondence and for allowing us to continue saving you money so you can live better.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

Original Message Follows
-------------------------
01/15/2013 12:18 PM from you:
Please re-read my original email (highlighted below), as you have missed the entire point of it twice now.
I am receiving emails saying an item is in stock when it is in fact not in stock.
Your automated email system is sending erroneous information to your customers.

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:38 AM
Subject: Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO is now available [Incident: 130114-008481]

01/15/2013 10:38 AM from Walmart Customer Care:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding not receiving automatic emails. We apologize for any inconvenience and are more than happy to assist you.

There are a number of factors that could cause you not to receive our automatic emails. To make sure you receive them:

Please add our email address ([email protected]) to your address book (and/or your spam filter allowed emails list) to make sure that our messages are not being caught by your spam filter.
If you are behind a firewall, ask your IT/Network administrator to make sure our emails are not blocked. It is also possible that your Internet provider placed our message in a quarantine program.

Unfortunately, additional copies of system generated emails cannot be sent but information contained in the email is available in your order history.

Bill we are always here to help, so if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

01/15/2013 10:33 AM from you:
So, what you are telling me is that the 'email me when back in stock' feature of your website is useless?
Then why even bother having it if it doesn't work? Good grief.

Shop at Walmart
Pickup Information

In stores only

In Limited Stores

Out of stock in your local Wood Village store.
Find in another store | Email me when it's back in stock

Show this number 0073667605801 to a Walmart associate to find this item in your store.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 5:45 PM

01/14/2013 07:45 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding if an item is in stock and available on Walmart.com.

We are happy to report that the item you wish to order is available only at stores. You can check it by following this link <broken link removed>

Bill, if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

01/14/2013 06:55 PM from you:
Twice now your email notification system has sent me the email below saying the item I am waiting for is in stock, but also twice now when checking online to confirm this within minutes of receiving the message the inventory still shows out of stock and the local store says they haven't even received any of this item in their shipments. What is going on with the email notification system that it keeps sending these emails in error?

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 9:18 AM
Subject: Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO is now available

Dear Valued Customer,

We're happy to let you know that the item you inquired about,
Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO, is now available at Walmart.com. Just follow
this link to find the item on our site:

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, 5.56 NATO
<broken link removed>

If you are still interested in this item, please place your
order as soon as possible. Many of our products sell out
quickly and we don't have the ability to put anything on
hold.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward
to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com
Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.

Looking for the low prices on everyday essentials? Discover the latest
Rollbacks, special buys, hot new releases, along with great gift ideas and
much more! Get the latest savings delivered right to your inbox.

Get Email Savings and Updates:
Walmart.com - Manage Your Communications Preferences

Their latest reply to my last email. Not only did they again not even come close to addressing anything in any of my emails they obviously never even read them...at least no human read them....lol. It's clear to me that Walmart customer service is run completely by bots that simply reduce your inquiry to an equation and spits out some canned message it calculates addresses your concern. Definitely setting a new low in customer service standards.

Hi Bill

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the sale of firearms Online.

Bill, we apologize that your issue has not been properly addressed in the previous email contacts.

We are writing in response to your question about selling guns on our Web site. Certain legal restrictions prevent us from selling guns in our online store. According to the Federal Gun Control Act, it is against the law to sell guns via the Internet. Firearms can be sold only through federally licensed dealers. Background checks and a personal inspection of photo identification are required. Because we have no way of doing this over the Internet, we will not offer firearms online.

Firearms and ammunition are only available at Walmart stores licensed to sell firearms. In fact, Walmart has sold firearms in its stores for nearly 40 years. We're proud to have become the destination of choice for American sportspeople, and we will continue to meet the needs of these customers in local Walmart stores throughout the nation.

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Their latest reply to my last email. Not only did they again not even come close to addressing anything in any of my emails they obviously never even read them...at least no human read them....lol. It's clear to me that Walmart customer service is run completely by bots that simply reduce your inquiry to an equation and spits out some canned message it calculates addresses your concern. Definitely setting a new low in customer service standards.

Hi Bill

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the sale of firearms Online.

Bill, we apologize that your issue has not been properly addressed in the previous email contacts.

We are writing in response to your question about selling guns on our Web site. Certain legal restrictions prevent us from selling guns in our online store. According to the Federal Gun Control Act, it is against the law to sell guns via the Internet. Firearms can be sold only through federally licensed dealers. Background checks and a personal inspection of photo identification are required. Because we have no way of doing this over the Internet, we will not offer firearms online.

Firearms and ammunition are only available at Walmart stores licensed to sell firearms. In fact, Walmart has sold firearms in its stores for nearly 40 years. We're proud to have become the destination of choice for American sportspeople, and we will continue to meet the needs of these customers in local Walmart stores throughout the nation.

If we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Hi Gill,

Yes, we do have 14 boxes of Mini-Ritz in stock.

We look forward to serving your single-serving salty food snack needs in the years to come.

Sincerely,

Hi Gill,

Yes, we do have 14 boxes of Mini-Ritz in stock.

We look forward to serving your single-serving salty food snack needs in the years to come.

Sincerely,

Lmao!! Your tongue in cheek reply actually came closer to addressing my original question than any of theirs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top