JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. . . and gals:D. I went to Walmart and I was surprised on some of there ammo prices. They have bricks of the Winchester HV .22LR ammo for $12.97, Federal 12ga. game loads for $4.67 a box, and Winchester 100round packs of .45 Auto for $29.97. I know prices have gone up considerably int he last year and a half, but these prices did not seem to bad to me. Also, that Blazer Brass stuff I know is not spoken highly of, but it works well in my guns for plinking and is $12.47 for a box of .40 S&W. Just thought I would let everyone know. Check it out.

I tried calling the Walmart off 205 the other day...
Long story short, I waited on hold for over an hour just to not get anyone to answer whether they had .45 in stock.
The moron I was talking to, thought .45 was shotgun shells.
"oh.. it's a gauge? Well I have 20 gauge.." and refused to believe there was anything but shotgun stuff on those shelves.:s0154:
I was cussing. A lot.

I know the walmart on 82nd near Johnson Creek seems to always have several boxes of Winchester .45, .357 and 9mm. The 9mm sells for 100rds at around $20, good price IMO, I always try to pick up a couple boxes if I'm ever there.

So far, Walmart is where I've been getting all my range ammo. WWB .45 x100rd boxes at $30 each. I haven't been able to find a better deal anywhere, even online (where shipping costs tend to eliminate any "great" deals).

Hey guys, for all its worth... I was talking with a friend I know (former marine) and we were discussing ammo prices and that when he suggested checking out a local who is selling some ammo. I think his website was surplusammo.com. The guy is a local guy here in Portland. I do not know much about his product besides the fact what he was selling seemed to be in bulk. Even at that, I think 1000 rounds of .40(I shoot a XD-40) runs around $279.00 for lawman tmj 180 gr. Which is about $13.95 a box.

Oh also, for those who are seeking training in Portland to save some gas and hotel room expense, you might want to check InSights out. It is not often that they come down and offer a two day defensive handgun in the Portland area. You usually have to drive and stay the night somewhere up north if you live in the Portland, Salem, Vancouver regions. Just something I would throw out there... They are offering a Gen. Defensive Handgun Class April 25 & 26 (two day class) at "The Place to Shoot" located in N. Portland. Here are some basics:

InSights General Defensive Handgun Class

Dates: April 25 & 26, 2009
Times: 9:00 AM-7:00 PM (both dates)
Location: The Place to Shoot, 904 N Hayden Meadows Road, Portland, Oregon
Cost: $350.00 (Pre-registration with deposit required)
Pre-Requisites: Conceal Weapons Permit/License or documentation of good character.
Bring: Reliable, functional handgun; belt holster(rigid) with sturdy belt; 600 rounds (min.) of jacketed
ammunition that must be purchased at the facility; 3 magazines or speed loaders; hearing and eye protection.
Enrollment: http://www.insightstraining.com/view_course.asp?courseID=146

Walmart still has the best prices, they recently got in some of the boxes of 100 count, .223. Those are at $39.97 and go fast. Haven't seen the bigger bricks lately. The 9mm/250rd bricks are $38.96 when you can get them. You just have to keep dropping in when you are near and buy it if it is there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top