JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi hi! Pretty new to this forum and I was just wondering if anyone know of any shooting spots available close to Walla Walla Wa? Group of friends are heading down to wine taste and I hoping to tag along to do some long range shooting but calling up fish and wildlife they are at a lost on a safe/legal spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I went shooting just out side of Walla Walla a long time ago and even back then the wheat farmers were fed up with the people that went shooting around there and just left a mess of shells, broken bottle and shot up stuff. If they heard you shooting on their property and could get to you before you left, you would be lucky to just get a verbal lashing. Some farmers were not so nice.

My dad use to go shooting along the Snake River but I suspect even that is mostly off limits any more. It's a nice area around there, I went to Jr. High and High School there and then went back on a regular basis to visit my folks. My mom still lives there with my sister but my sister and I did not see eye about some things when our dad died so I've not been back up there in about a year.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the info, ya I called up fish and wild life and the sheriff department and it seems like outdoor shooting has a bad vibe to them. I am still hopeful though haha there's got to be a Forest road outside the city that is legal to recreationally shoot

I recall there was a designated shooting area in the Umatilla National Forest (Blue Mountains). I don't remember the exact location, but it was off the Tucannon Road and you had to hike up a ways. There was a sign indicating the turn off for it. It has been a couple years since I was up there, but I believe it is still there.
Some other tips, if you find it:
Shooting | US Forest Service

Hey so just got back from Walla Walla! I ended up calling several more sheriff's to clarify that it's almost impossible to find a legal shooting area so we ended up driving back North to rattle snake shooting facility, no membership required and a 10$ dollar fee to shoot. They have a rimfire and pistol range setup with all kinds of plates and for long range they have plates starting from 200 yards to about 450 yards. I seriously could not ask for a better time shooting!

Np! I did see your range and tried calling up but we found out it was a member only shooting range, we don't have a problem paying but we don't plan on heading down to Walla Walla too often haha

Ah! Didn't think of that haha! Things worked out though and thanks for the offer! Might have to take you up on that next time I'm in the area! That range does look really nice!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top