JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thankfully I have a buddy that works at a steel mill and can get me armor plating scraps for dirt cheap.

I'm not really looking forward to the install on that stuff though...

Nice Idea. So all you need to do is build a regular old Plywood 2"x6" rough sawn Pine wall in your house and fill it with crushed pea stone. An advantage is the Thermal Mass and Radioactive protection that it would provide. ( May raise Radon levels a tad?) Add a second interior wall with Fiberglass insulation, wiring, plumbing and layer of drywall.

Make your windows with 1/2 clear Polycarbonate

OK, Now who wants to go into the Terrorist Proof Cabin ?

and every knows that an Egg is the strongest shape.

Make it float with a electric engine even Jams Bond would be happy to have.

self-sustaining.jpe

So the 2x4's with plywood across them will handily stop many rounds, we used to use those for moving backstops at the range, and would stop nearly all pistol and many rifle rounds, moving up to railroad ties and plywood, and it would handily stop nearly everything. I think once we were able to get a close up shot with .50BMG AP to go through, but it didn't penetrate the plywood of the next wall.

Some years ago I remember some friends telling me that's what they used to stop RPG's from hitting the house when they lived in Rhodesia (later moved to South Africa).

An excellent RPG catcher is some metal pipes with wire Goat Fence & chicken wire about 12 to 16 feet high all around the perimeter about 10 feet out. It will set off the charge before it hits the house.

I used to have a house made with 2x4's and had my newer one built with 2x6's Much Better

An excellent RPG catcher is some metal pipes with wire Goat Fence & chicken wire about 12 to 16 feet high all around the perimeter about 10 feet out. It will set off the charge before it hits the house.

I used to have a house made with 2x4's and had my newer one built with 2x6's Much Better

The idea is not to detonate the RPG in free space, but to absorb the energy into something sacrificial, like a big box of rocks and sand. I keep looking for a deal on hesco bastions, best I've seen is about $300 for a 1x8 unit, but you need to buy 100 of them. Gotta admit, would make one hell of a cool fort.

You could hide out in this little cabin in plain sight.

View attachment 220423

View attachment 220424

What's the deal with that perfectly square pile of lumber over there. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I honestly think the mirrored treehouse was better.

The ceramic balls are a neat concept, but sand is free or very close to free and stops .50BMG surprisingly fast, especially when poured loosely between railroad ties as a wall.

Concrete forms are being used by military and private security teams.

Sand turns rifle rounds into little tiny fragments within a few inches. It's actually pretty incredible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top