Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wal-Mart Heiress A. Walton helping fund PAC supporting H. Clinton for 2016

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 156256Hunter, Apr 11, 2014.

1. 156256Hunter

156256Hunter Fairview-ish Active Member

Saw that article online. Alice Walton putting money towards HC's bid. This presents an interesting dynamic.

On the one hand, Clinton spent some quality time in Arkansas, so it's understandable why Walton would support her, and Walton money is a political plus for HC. On the other hand, Wal-Mart currently sells ARs, which I hear Clinton doesn't like.

2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

The Walton's supported Bill's candidacy, and Hillary spent considerable time on their board of directors.

This doesn't really surprise you does it? What'll you bet that Tyson Foods supports her also, like they did her ol' man?

In-state big business likes political clout.

3. 156256Hunter

156256Hunter Fairview-ish Active Member

True, although Tyson Foods doesn't sell ARs.

4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

The more a politician creates hysteria and frenzy in the gun and ammo market, the better retailers, especially mega-retailers like it.
    I'm sure the Waltons have looked at the numbers by now, and noticed that they have sold more guns and ammo, for higher prices, under obama than they did under bush.

Besides, after spending time in the inner circle of the WalMart empire, I'm sure billary has enough dirt on them to make trouble if they don't support her. She has a reputation for being absolutely ruthless politically.
    Not unlike her ol' man in that regard either.

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Well at least the other day someone threw a shoe at the woman. I had to lol

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

1. Non-firearm political discussion is prohibited.
    There are many different people here with many different opinions, ideologies, and viewpoints. Like religion, discussing these issues here is likely to offend others or cause division within the community. We need to focus on the topic that brings us together, not issues that are all but certain to divide us. This rule applies to the site in its entirety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.