JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dean - the one in Longview does. It may not be next door but its only about 30 min away.

*note - its the newer one in longview on the south side at 540 7th ave behind the home depot

You can by a long gun at least in a contiguous state, and maybe others, as long as it is within the laws of the state you are purchasing from and your own state laws and it must be from an FFL.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

You can by a long gun at least in a contiguous state, and maybe others, as long as it is within the laws of the state you are purchasing from and your own state laws and it must be from an FFL.

That is BUY. My autocorrect on the phone messed me up.

Shouldn't require a transfer if its a rifle and its legal to own in WA.

Oregon State law says it must be shipped to an FFL in the state the buyer is from, which negates WA law on the subject.
However, we can go to Idaho (IIRC), throw it in the car and bring it on home.

Sent using Stinky Brown Gas from my iButt

Oregon State law says it must be shipped to an FFL in the state the buyer is from, which negates WA law on the subject.
However, we can go to Idaho (IIRC), throw it in the car and bring it on home.
Oregon Law says that you can purchase a long gun (rifle or shotgun) from an FFL in another state in a face to face transaction in that other state and bring it back to Oregon in accordance with Federal Law (which states the same) and the state it is purchased in.

Oregon State Law said:
166.490 Purchase of firearms in certain other states. (1) As used in this section, unless the context requires otherwise:
(a) "Contiguous state" means California, Idaho, Nevada or Washington.
(b) "Resident" includes an individual or a corporation or other business entity that maintains a place of business in this state.
(2) A resident of this state may purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun in a contiguous state and receive in this state or transport into this state such rifle or shotgun, unless the purchase or transfer violates the law of this state, the state in which the purchase or transfer is made or the United States.
(3) This section does not apply to the purchase, receipt or transportation of rifles and shotguns by federally licensed firearms manufacturers, importers, dealers or collectors.
(4) This section expires and stands repealed upon the date that section 922(b) (3) of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (18 U.S.C. 922(b) (3)) and regulations pursuant thereto are repealed or rescinded. [1969 c.289 §§1,2,3,4]

Federal Law - 18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3) said:
(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has
reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the personis a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain aplace of business in) the State in which the licensee's place ofbusiness is located, except that this paragraph (A) shall notapply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to aresident of a State other than a State in which the licensee'splace of business is located if the transferee meets in personwith the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale,delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions ofsale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importeror dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph,in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actualknowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of bothStates), and (B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of afirearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

Washington RCW 9.41 said:
[h=2]RCW 9.41.122[/h][h=1]Out-of-state purchasing.[/h]
Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads