JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People who know absolutely nothing about guns, and who judge them based only upon their looks and color, agree with you. That's how rifles that are not "assault rifles" get banned by an "assault weapon" ban.

In other words, you agree with the Brady Campaign and Dianne Feinstein. You are known by the company you keep.

I assure you I know the difference but teh point is that it doesnt make any difference wether I call a M14 / M1A a main battle rifle it will be clumped in with the Assualt weapons and is an assualt weapon based on that definition alone. By the way thanks for your opinion - I consider it worth what I paid for it..

James Ruby

This is just a classic example of how the left co ops the language to run thier agenda even 2A pros say it unless they are just 2A pretenders. When up is down and left is right no one knows the truth in this toxic country

Legislatures make laws, if they decide a certain gun is banned as an "assault weapon" by passing a law that says so then it is now legally an "assault weapon"..... so stop the pointless bickering about terminology and call or write your legislators today. Be polite, make factual arguments, remind them that you vote.

If we can't get fellow gun owners to understand and use the terminology correctly we will be sending a mixed message instead of a consistent, unified message. I hurts our cause when people identify themselves as gun owners and tell the general public "I'm a gun owner and I don't see the need for 'assault weapons' [as someone on this forum did recently] and I think they should be banned".

Agreed, it just seems like too often I see gun people splitting hairs over terminology - to the point where they get hung up on it. I think the terminology approach is minimally effective at best when dealing with non gun people. I think we'll do better with other approaches like focusing on stats showing that very few crimes involve semi-automatic rifles and demonstrating legitimate uses for these types of arms.

Anyone have a sample message to call their local Democrat congressman office? I'd like to call and talk to a member of the staff. That seems more effective than mailing a letter.

I'm not a Democrat so having difficulty trying to couch my message in a way that would appeal to them. For example, my Oregon senator is Ginny Burdick, the sponsor of this reduced-capacity mag bill.

Maybe something like "I'm an Independent and value my second amendment rights... you're losing my vote in the next election. In my mind, your party will become associated with taking away my rights to modern firearms."

Also what are the best times of day to call - early morning?

For Christ's sake just write a letter stating that mental health is the issue to be addressed and that you will not stand for any legislation barring lawful citizens the right to bear the arms they choose. Do it now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top