JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious to know how this turns out for you. With Wifey it was a "Delay", not an "OK" and not a "Denial". It was thirty days to the day the shop called and said to come and get the gun, since then no probs. That was her first gun.

I'll keep ya informed. Spoke to store today and they said OSP told them it is a delay. They have had this happen before and the response from the OSP was basically, "we will get to it when we get to it." Remember this is the State we are talking about. Stay tuned for more....

Okay, who told you had to wait and why? Maybe I missed it when I skimmed/read the thread. Was it the gun shop telling you that, or the OSP firearms unit? If you get delayed, they are required to tell you why, but most gun shops just here "delayed" and hang up the phone. It is in your best interest to get a reason why.

FWIW, I got an AR in the heart of the panic, it took about 90 seconds to get my background check back done online.

The OSP put my BGC on a delay. I am very proud of you for getting your AR so fast.

Makes me wonder if OSP did not just say "delay" because they are so freaking far behind. Not a legal move, but hey, when you are the law...

Of course this is just me speculating at the dishonesty of the people in power.

I love how we always get these stories with about 1/3 of the info in the first post. Then we get maybe another 1/3 spread through out the thread as people directly question the OP. Once in a great while we get all the story. But usually only if the OP ends up getting the firearm.

Personally I think the longest I have stood around waiting for a BGC to clear is 20 min. And most of that time was just waiting for my turn to come up.

Did one in WA state for a shotgun I was purchasing and the whole thing took like 3-4 min on line for the FFL.

Last ones I did in Oregon took just minutes to clear.

Not sure what you mean by 1/3 the story. What do you want a background check with my post? What are you that loser on this site that determines when a post is good enough or not. Like the hall monitor who rode to school on the short bus. Get a life.....

PS-- Very proud of you for getting you guns so quick.

I'll keep ya informed. Spoke to store today and they said OSP told them it is a delay. They have had this happen before and the response from the OSP was basically, "we will get to it when we get to it." Remember this is the State we are talking about. Stay tuned for more....

Makes me wonder if OSP did not just say "delay" because they are so freaking far behind. Not a legal move, but hey, when you are the law...

Of course this is just me speculating at the dishonesty of the people in power.

I think the store is giving him a load of BS. OSP can't delay without reason. They are not backlogged or people would be all over bubbleguming about it. OSP has to give a reason for the delay. Call 503 373 1808, that is the public number for inquiry delays.

I think the store is giving him a load of BS. OSP can't delay without reason. They are not backlogged or people would be all over bubbleguming about it. OSP has to give a reason for the delay. Call 503 373 1808, that is the public number for inquiry delays.

Why would store jerk me around. What is in it for them. I could go there tomorrow and get my money back. They lose a sale....
May a lot of people just don't post about their issues.
I will try the #, thanks.

I have some skeletons, nothing to stop me from a firearm purchase. Maybe that is it.....

You don't explain the actual circumstances of the transaction with the person selling you the rifle (heck you don't even tell us if it was a dealer) then you make this statement "I have some skeletons, nothing to stop me from a firearm purchase. Maybe that is it..... " Which is some sort of tease that their might be a reason to deny your purchase but maybe not.

There is no such thing in Oregon as a 30 day delay. The OSP will either deny or delay but they don't give a time frame for the delay. That would infer that there is a legal reason to delay the sale for that period of time. When they delay it is to give them time to double check records not at hand or to make certain of an ID. There is no way the OSP operator is going to know how many days that will take.

And thank you for calling me a "loser" I would have never known that if not for your little school yard comment.

What incentive does the store have to lie to me. Spoke to them today, they said there is nothing they can do. OSP is like the DMV for guns. Good analogy. They did give me a # to call.

Why indeed would a dealer tell you that there is a 30 day hold when there is no such thing? That doesn't sound fishy to you? Please do update us after you call that number.

Tbag might as well go get your CWP while you're waiting.
Took me 15 minutes at the county courthouse to fill out the paperwork and get printed. CWP arrived in 3 weeks.
Save you a lot of time waiting around in the future. In and out in 10 minutes.

I just had a similar experience with a hold on my background check. At the beginning they (OSP) did give an estimated date which was 5 weeks out. They then delayed it two more times. After leaving a phone message with the OSP twice they called me on a Sunday. The officer told me what was causing the hold, they hadn't been able to get some court information, and suggested I might have better luck getting the information in person. Ten minutes talking to a nice lady at the court records room got me the court record which I faxed to the OSP. Three months after the start the BGC was passed without issue. I did get the gun after the 3 day waiting period as the FFL knows me but still a hassle to deal with. I've had a CHP for over 15 years and passed the BGC many times without a problem until this time. At least it's all straightened out now.

I also had this happen to me last week. The OSP background check date was the 21st, and was delayed til the 3rd of April. I've passed this check many, many times before, and nothing has changed, or happened in my life that would affect the outcome. This is deffinetly OSP and it's BS.

But they must give you a reason for the delay.

They gave me a number to call. It was a blanket message that said it was because they needed to look at court records, and that you could leave a message yourself that they may or may not get back to you on. My FFL waited three days and gave it to me. Looking at the dates you can see that the delay is still pending. Not sure whats going to happen now.

You don't explain the actual circumstances of the transaction with the person selling you the rifle (heck you don't even tell us if it was a dealer) then you make this statement "I have some skeletons, nothing to stop me from a firearm purchase. Maybe that is it..... " Which is some sort of tease that their might be a reason to deny your purchase but maybe not.

There is no such thing in Oregon as a 30 day delay. The OSP will either deny or delay but they don't give a time frame for the delay. That would infer that there is a legal reason to delay the sale for that period of time. When they delay it is to give them time to double check records not at hand or to make certain of an ID. There is no way the OSP operator is going to know how many days that will take.

And thank you for calling me a "loser" I would have never known that if not for your little school yard comment.

I would try to explain to you, but one can't communicate to someone that thinks they KNOW IT ALL. Anyways, wasted enough time with you. Thanks for nothing....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top