JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am surprised Eugene was only #11 would have thought for sure it would be top 10. Well once we officially become a sanctuary city I am sure we will accelerate in the wrong direction....

That website is so out there its not funny. Major liberal slant - and they are heavily slanted against rural communities. I read their "top ten small towns you don't want to be in" or some nonsense - the use things like home values, population density, high school drop out rates etc to determine if a place is worthy of being. They viewed high density urban living as preferable to low density rural living, they outright made fun of rural places saying they were expected to be full of idiots, and view low property prices as a bad thing - basically what I got from that site is that they're so full of crap their eyes and hair are brown, and they're a bunch of flaming liberals who couldn't survive in the country. They are on crack if they think Ontario is a more dangerous place to live than Portland, Gresham, Eugene, Salem, or Medford.

Ten Small Towns in Oregon You'd Never Want to Live In

They got it wrong - I'd happily live in most of those places. Fishing, hunting, hiking, shooting - those are fun. Having only a handful of people in town? Not a bad thing either. Yeah, high unemployment sucks - but you're going to find unemployed folk no matter where you go, and I have a feeling a bunch of those "unemployed" types are probably conducting business under the table and are making some money, plus getting whatever government assistance they do. If nothing else, if you had engine troubles, me thinks that some of those out of work types could get you going in a jiffy again, and if you needed help putting up a fence, painting your house, or just hauling a load of junk to the dump - they'd be willing to help at reasonable rates.

Ten Small Towns in Oregon You'd Never Want to Live In

They got it wrong - I'd happily live in most of those places. Fishing, hunting, hiking, shooting - those are fun. Having only a handful of people in town? Not a bad thing either. Yeah, high unemployment sucks - but you're going to find unemployed folk no matter where you go, and I have a feeling a bunch of those "unemployed" types are probably conducting business under the table and are making some money, plus getting whatever government assistance they do. If nothing else, if you had engine troubles, me thinks that some of those out of work types could get you going in a jiffy again, and if you needed help putting up a fence, painting your house, or just hauling a load of junk to the dump - they'd be willing to help at reasonable rates.

I lived in one and worked in another that was on "the list," but not in the top ten. For the "high crime" the police logs came out once a month and almost everyone was an out of towner passing through. I remember a burglary ring from the"big city" that was caught because the sheriff noticed an unusual car in a driveway.

What's the secret ingredient in that Taylors Sausage that makes it SO good? :confused:

Sounds like prime areas for a compost & potting soil facilities to open business.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top