JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even if the black helicopters were buzzing overhead, Marines holding you down and chipping you on the street corner, the fact remains that most people won't fight.

You didn't fight back when you guns were taken away during Katrina. You didn't fight back when the police entered your homes with out a search warrant in Boston. So why bother hording guns? To make yourself feel better?

At a certain point, you will run out of money, and that $1200 Sig you bought will be mine for $300.

It's just simple math. You can't afford your crap, you have overspent. This is a fad. The sooner you figure it out the better.

The point of this post is to convince us that we need to sell our $1,200 guns for $600, before the price falls to $300. That way the fickle-fingered dude can afford to continue to hoard crap, because he is the only one of us man enough to defend what's his.

AS IF WE'RE ALL STUPID.

i think gun prices are slowly falling down... I saw numerous ar's in the retail store (ranch and home) between 750 and 1000 - for brand new ones.... Used market seems to be more overpriced these days lol.

Can we piggyback "waiting for AMMO hording idiots to run out of money" topic to this thread also? Shoot em or sellum. Don't be a dick. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Can we piggyback "waiting for AMMO hording idiots to run out of money" topic to this thread also? Shoot em or sellum. Don't be a dick. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting idea. But again you just sound like someone who has failed to plan and are mad at the people who have. Maybe we should add " idiots who cant plan and get upset with others who did" as part of the title. Just like in 08 if you keep calm prices and availability will return to the normal. From 2011 to current ive taken my collection of 3 guns rifle, pistol, shotgun and less then a 1000 rounds. to more guns then I'll ever need and probably enough ammo my grand kids will still get some. I currently have no kids beings im only 24 but I like to be optimistic. No need to hide my collection since most were purchased thru an FFL. Point being its never too late to start building your collection.

Semi-auto Panic is over. Ammo panic is not.

My local gun shops each have around 10 ARs in stock at "normal" prices, and they've been sitting there for a couple weeks now. The same Glock hi-cap handguns have been sitting there for a month. Meanwhile the ammo shelves for anything 223, 308, 22LR are still empty.

I used to recommend people buy common military calibers for ammo availability- not anymore!

I do think it's funny that people paid over $1k for an AK, or over $500 for an SKS.

well then it is a good thing I bought my SKS before the elections..... :D and I made a slight mistake of buying 500 rds of Hot Shot x39 ammo from the Security and Spy store without thinking...at least I had the money for it and could pay for it...and now i see how much they're asking for the ammo.....wow. anyways....eh...gun prices are now coming down, this much I can tell so far...ammo is still scarce but streaming in slowly....some local places got lots of ammo but at the same panic prices....I guess this is going to be similar to the gas prices?

EDIT: I paid for the ammo; it's going into my stash, or be shot off.... :) no worries anyhow

Since I'm in the ammo biz, if you want ammo prices to come down, stop buying every piece you can get your hands on. Right now the big boys arn't letting components out, so even the small manufacturers are stuck waiting for primers to become available. We have all the other components we need... powder, cases, bullets, we just can't get primers.

Since I'm in the ammo biz, if you want ammo prices to come down, stop buying every piece you can get your hands on. Right now the big boys arn't letting components out, so even the small manufacturers are stuck waiting for primers to become available. We have all the other components we need... powder, cases, bullets, we just can't get primers.

And certain powders. Tell me where I can get W748

Even if the black helicopters were buzzing overhead, Marines holding you down and chipping you on the street corner, the fact remains that most people won't fight.

You didn't fight back when you guns were taken away during Katrina. You didn't fight back when the police entered your homes with out a search warrant in Boston. So why bother hording guns? To make yourself feel better?

At a certain point, you will run out of money, and that $1200 Sig you bought will be mine for $300.

It's just simple math. You can't afford your crap, you have overspent. This is a fad. The sooner you figure it out the better.

You probably should go and buy your next copy of 'Catcher in The Rye'.

So what is the excuse for 22LR?

And certain powders. Tell me where I can get W748

Have to admit, don't know about that one because no one uses it in commercial settings, the powder we buy comes in 45lb drums, is usually marked SMP735 (from saint mark's powder) and is roughly equivalent to H335.

I'm sure W748 is coming from SMP, however I don't know it's OEM number, and I'm sure a major part of your problem is Hodgdon (the distributor of winchester powders) is doing everything they can to be a PITA, they have cut off a lot of commercial loaders, requiring them to buy 1lb cans. However, more and more of the big commercial operations are simply going direct to the big powder mills.

If hodgdon doesn't wake up they're going to be out of work soon. You can't piss on your stable customers when business is good, and then expect them to support you when biz aint so good.

So what is the excuse for 22LR?

The real excuse? The EPA is the real excuse, it's so hard to get all the licensing to start making .22LR ammo because you have to handle loose priming compounds, which are made of lead, and explosive.

I am consulting for a customer right now who wants to start up a .22LR manufacturing line, and we're getting the gear together, the big deal is tooling everything, which still puts us 18-24 months out.

This is what should concern everyone. Ammo is the cheapest thing in the world to make. Why we aren't getting Wolf, Mexican, South American, French importers trying to supply this insatiable demand IS what everyone should be asking as to WHAT is blocking the supply chain and WHY.

When I did some research to learn from someone who's kid was working for Remington who had pulled back to a 3 day one shift work week, that told me something. When I was told that huge brass auctions (ex mil brass) was being 'gamed' by out of country, non identifiable buyers, that got my attention.

Power and primers are as easy to make as digging the crap out of the ground and packaging it up. We haven't been in any real war with serious ammo being shot in YEARS. China is not buying up AMMO, but steel.

You can worry, or not. But what ever the case, my issue is this. Is something coming? Maybe.

Will the gun hoarders do anything about it? No.

History has proven that only a small few will dump their lives and fight to the death in a life changing struggle against the very system they have bought into. They will follow the leader, the propaganda. It's history.

So black helicopters or not, I see a ton of people with guns that will eventually wake up to saying 'yeah, let's just get a jet ski' and give up the ghost of trying to 'act as if' where if they had their guns on credit cards, those bills come due.

For the record I only have a few guns now, brought it WAY back down from what I had. If things get bad you can't stuff a car full of guns and live, You will need to move, and you can't do that with 50 guns in the trunk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top